12- Mistake

Hyun Jae's POV

"Devils and angels serve God but each in their own way. To make it simple, devils do the dirty stuff that angels aren't capable of doing due to their pure nature." Yoongi explained, his eyes directed at the window.

For some reason, he was avoiding eye contact.

Was he lying about something or not saying the whole truth?

"I am neither an angel nor a devil." Yoongi, shifting his eyes at me, said with a blank look on his face.

"Huh."

He smirked and crossed his arms, "Which means I am one of a kind, human."

"And here comes the 'human' shit." I rolled my eyes and pushed him, squeezing him.

"Yah, yah, human. That hurts." He complained and slipped from next to me when I showed no signs of leaving him alone.

He sat in front of me, and before I could interact with him again, he looked to his right, saying, "Okay. You go first."

"Huh?"

"That's Hoseok." Yoongi looked at me and added, "He will give Jungkook a notice of our arrival."

"Umm, are you sure it is okay for me to tag along?" I gulped, remembering that we were on our way to meet a devil.

He raised an eyebrow. "I believe it was your idea to accompany me."

"Well, umm. The thing is-"

"Are you afraid?" He asked.

I nodded without hesitation.

"Fear nothing, human. I am with you." He extended his hand and touched my forehead with his index. "By my will, you shall hear my words. Protect the human from your heavenly creatures and any harm that has been decided to be brought to her shall be disposed of."

My eyes widened as he let go of me and returned to his position, "D-Did you just order G-God?"

T-this man is insane.

Did he just say 'by my will'? What 'will' is he speaking about?

What the hell?

What the fuck?

Isn't he afraid of God's anger?

Wait! Wait! Could it be that he was actually thrown out of heaven?

HE IS A FALLEN ANGEL.

No, no calm down. Hoseok, who is apparently an angel, is with him.

Hyun Jae, take a deep breath.

"Yes, I ordered him, and it is up to him whether to obey or not," he rested his chin on his palm and looked at the streets, adding, "He already accepted by the way."

"Huh! W-When? H-How?" I stuttered.

"How to say this? Umm, he transmitted his words to my brain since Hoseok isn't here," he looked at me from the corner of his eyes.

"Ah, like telepathy?" she tried to simplify his words.

"Oh, I am amused you have a word for it!" he raised his eyebrows, adding, "But well, it hurts me actually."

That's exactly what happened in my dream, but the only difference is that he is the one being in pain, now!

"Why does it hurt?" I asked because back then I never understood the pain. 

Why does God's word elicit pain?

"Hmm, how to explain this," he rested his hand beneath his chin, adding, "A defect. A mistake. Whatever you humans call it."

I rolled my eyes and sighed, "You really fear none, but you need to draw a line. What if God sent you to Earth as some kind of punishment."

"Become an angel you mean," he titled his head with his jaw tensing, making me regret my stupid words of wisdom.

He straightened his posture and looked at me. The calm lazy-ass Yoongi was gone once again.

Did I trigger him?

"If he wanted an angel, why create me?" He tilted his head, questioning the clueless me.

"B-Because-"

"Let me answer that for you, human." He smiled with pure evil in his eyes, "A mistake."

What does he fucking mean? God is-

"Wait, human. God is great, isn't he," his head approached me, cutting my thoughts off. His hand caressed my cheek as I wondered if Yoongi was the one to harm me, would God help me?

"Answer me." His nail almost hurt me, so I quickly replied, "Y-Yeah, he is."

"Exactly, so would he get rid of that mistake or fix it-"

Suddenly, the train stopped, making Yoongi lose balance and fall upon me. I held him and helped him to stand once again, but that time Yoongi avoided eye contact and moved backwards for me to exit first.

Relieved, I walked past him and waited outside for him only to follow me after a few seconds.

"S-Slippery food." He pointed at the ice cream when we got out of the station.

I looked at him to see his puppy eyes, so I couldn't help but buy it for him.

How can someone be so cute and scary at the same time? Yoongi, what happened to you up there?