5

READERS POV

Finally, a day off! I haven't had one in so long. I think Taishiro said he was taking the day off as well. Since he's still asleep, I'll make him breakfast. Whatever is left over we can take to the agency. Now, the question at hand. What to cook? Tamago? Maybe miso? Rice balls? Omelette? The cons of being married to someone that eats a lot, you have no clue what to cook for him! Especially when he's not super picky. I mean the man carries candy in his pockets at all times. As weird as that sounds.

                 ______________

Bacon's done. Sausage done. Eggs are fried. Miso has a minute left. Rice is finishing up. Hash browns are cooling. Omelettes' in the warmer. All that's left are the grits. After that I'll-

"Morning honey." I heard Taishiro say with a yawn. "Huh? What's all this? I thought you were off today?" He said, confusion evident in his voice as he let out another yawn. Scratching his stomach as he walked over and have me a kiss.

"I am. But it's been a while since I got to cook you breakfast. I couldn't decide what to cook though. All I have left are the grits." I said as I pulled another pot out, only for Taishiro to place his hand on mine. His way of telling me not to worry about it.

"How about we sit down and eat all this food you worked hard on. Afterwards, I'll do the dishes." Taishiro said, kissing the top of my head. I nodded in agreement.

I fixed our plates, meeting him at the table as I sat across from him. Taishiro giving a compliment with each bite he took. Saying things along the lines of that I should start making home cooked meals more often. All I could do was laugh. If only I had the time, I would. I've been managing Taishiro's agency since I was a third year. Now, I'm doing a trial run with the teaching job at UA. The two of us have been trying for a child for the past year, but we've had zero luck. A sigh escaped my lips as the though hit my mind. Taishiro must've heard it because he had completely stopped eating. Giving me a worried look as he put his spoon down.

"Y/n, honey, you okay?" Taishiro asked, his voice laved with concern. "You've barely touched your food. What's wrong?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. It's just..."

"Just what?"

"We've been trying for a year now. What if I'm unable to carry? What if there's something wrong with me? I ca-" I was suddenly hugged by Taishiro, which ended up having me stop mid sentence.

"We'll go see Recovery Girl. She is a bit of a expert in the medical field. As for right now, go take a soak in the tub. I'll handle the clean up. Okay?" Taishiro said as he kissed the top of my head.

I got up from the table, making my way to the bathroom. Not before stopping by my and Taishiro's shared bedroom to grab some clean clothes. Once in the bathroom, I start the water, making sure it's to my prefer temperature before stripping out of my clothes.  As soon as I step in the tub,  submerge my body completely underneath, my face included. In my mind, i count to three before emerging from the water. Something I do to relax myself each time I take a bath. I let out a relaxed sigh, grabbing the shampoo as I start washing my hair. The lavender scent hitting my nostrils. Overwhelming my sense of smell. I picked up the bath cup, using it to rinse th scented shampoo out of my hair. Having to do this a few times with it being so thick. Once all the shampoo was rinsed, i grabbed the soap and washed the rest of myself. Completely submerging my body in the water once again afterwards to rinse off. Stepping out og the tub, i grabbed my towel, wrapping it around my body as I made my way to the mirror. Giving it a quick to better see my reflection. On the outside, I look fine. But here lately, I've been feeling awful. Maybe seeing Recovery Girl today can help with that. Drying off, I finally get dress. Long blue skirt that reaches my ankles paired with a white buttoned up blouse. I dry my hair, not to worry about styling it. Just running a brush through my hair so I look a bit presentable.

I make my way back to the kitchen, Taishiro wiping down the countertops and table, already having the dishes finished. Still in his pajama pants and matching muscle shirt. I walk over, taking the rag from his hand. Gaining a confused look from my husband.

"Go take yourself a bath. I'll take care of the last little bit. I'll watch tv until you're done." I said, standing on my toes to give him a quick kiss.

Agreeing, Taishiro made his way to the bathroom. I finish wiping the table and counter, placing the rag in the sink. Going into the living room, I grab the remote, turning on the tv. Yet again, it's a segment on that bastard father of mine. How can people look up to him? If only the public new about what went on behind those closed door. Not a single soul has asked about Toyua after he vanished. The fact that people have the gall to compare me to that asshole. They forget that when it come to fire power, I'm stronger. Although, in a few years, it'll be Shoto who's flames will shine brightest. He is his own heater and air conditioner.

"You know that sets you off. Why are you watching it?" Taishiro said as he came into the living room.

"It popped up as soon as I turned on the tv. The fact that  the public assumes I became a hero 'to follow in his footsteps.' Bastards." I replied. My hatred for my father present in my voice.

"Why don't we just spend the day out. We'll still go see Recovery Girl, but I wanna take you out. It's been a while since the last time I had taken you out on a date. Plus I already have a place in mind that I want to take you to." Taishiro said  with a smile and a blush.

Looks like me and the husband are spending the day on a date.