8

"We're finally having a baby." Taishiro said as he somewhat nuzzled into my stomach, still kneeling on the floor as tears drenched his face. "Y/n, do you know how far along you are?"

"Seven weeks according to Recovery Girl." I said as I stroked his hair. "C'mon. Let's get back to the party." I said as I took Taishiro's hand. He stood up, leading the way to the elevator, taking us to the lobby. While in the elevator, he got back down on his knees, hugging my stomach. He stayed that way the whole time. At least until we reached the second floor anyway.

Right as the elevator opened, I made my way through the crowd and stood on one of the tables, screeching like a banshee to get everyone's attention. Once eyes were on me, I made the announcement. Taishiro soon joined me, the two of us looking at Anubis.

"Anubis," Taishiro started, "You've been there for the two of us for a long time. Will you be the Godfather?" Never in my life have I seen Anubis cry until he was asked that question. It took a bit before he said yes. Poor guy was on his knees crying. Then again, he knew about me and Taishiro before anyone else.

"How far are you?" Shoto said walking over to me and Taishiro. Tashiro responding for me, receiving a small smile from my younger brother. "So, do you have any names picked out yet?" Shoto asked hesitantly.

"Well, I was thinking Sango for a girl and Ryuu for a boy. We've had them picked for a while." I said, Taishiro nodding in agreement.  Everyone giving me a weird look, making comments on how Sango is the name of a character from a manga most of them have read. "Don't look at me! Your boss here is the one that came up with it!" I yelled. Redirecting their looks to Taishiro.

"Hey, it was a good manga with an anime that was just as good!" he said as if it was fact. I just threw takoyaki at his face. 

"Oops. I missed." I said as it landed on the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I swear, I'm going to throw a slice of the cake at LunchRush tomorrow. Freaking ruined the surprise for everyone. That freaking asshole." I pouted, sitting on the couch stuffing my face with cake.

"Cheer up, babe. Everything turned out great!" Taishiro said as he sat beside me. Laying his head in my lap, placing a hand on my stomach. "We're finally having a baby. After so long." 

I just let out a chuckle. "I know. It still feels like a dream." I ran my hand my through his blonde hair. Detangling his wet locks with my fingers.  For three years, we had constantly tried to have a baby. It's finally happened. I'm finally going to have a baby with the man I love. After trying so many different things, it was just my quirk effecting it. I was suddenly pull from my thoughts by a had wiping my tears. I was completely unaware that I was crying. 

"Y/n? What's wrong? Why the tears?" Taishiro asked as he held my face in his hand.

"It's all my fault that we couldn't have a baby. Because a baby wouldn't be able to handle the heat from my flames." I had spoken as the tears flowed from my face. If it hadn't been for this cursed quirk, we've would've had a baby a lot sooner. I felt the couch shift and my hair being pushed out of my face. Upon looking at my husband of three years, I could see that he was crying just as much as I was. Maybe even more. The guilt of it all had came crashing down on me like a ton of bricks. My chest felt like it had a two hundred pound weight on it. Taishiro had embraced me in a tight hug, saying the sweetest things as he cried himself. Repeatedly telling that is wasn't my fault because I didn't know. That I was not to blame. 

But it was. All because i didn't get checked out sooner.