Something old, something new

Ezgi Inal grew up in the coastal town of Broadstairs. Nevin and Unal, her parents owned a Turkish restaurant on the seafront. They met on a cruise ship and fell in love deciding to settle down in England. They travelled around the country before falling in love with their current home and putting down roots. They live near another Turkish family, who became family to them over the years. Her aunt Sevim and Uncle Aziz.

Aunt Sevim provided her with comfort and solace whenever she was in trouble with her mother. Not that it happened often but whenever it did, she knew where to escape to. Uncle Aziz was busy managing his business but was always warm to her.

The only trouble of her life growing up was their son, Ozgur Atasoy. She never understood the reason behind his misbehaviour with her. It felt like his life was incomplete without troubling her. As if he was not pampered enough by his parents being their only child, her mother loved him like her own. Her twin brother Ozan worshipped the ground he walked on and looked up to him for advice. Her only companion and one who stood up for her against his mischief was Ozgur's cousin Ebru, who visited them during holidays.

"Welcome to the family Yenge... I still can't believe you married him." Ebru hugged her happily.

"Neither do I" Ezgi smiled sheepishly.

"I'm here too. You've always been a traitor." Ozgur's voice caused them to pull apart.

"Congratulations to you too Abi..." Ebru hugged him.

"You look dapper. I can see marriage has changed you already. I was scared you'd come in those rags you wore for my wedding." Ebru laughed and Ezgi finally stared at him properly. She saw that he was wearing a proper suit with sleeves and bow tie instead of those hipster t-shirts he usually prefers to hang around in.

"Well, I had to consider someone's preference." Ozgur smiled at her as he caught her staring at him, and her eyes lit up as she heard what he said.

"There's going to be no end to the moaning if not" He winked at her and she held her urge to hit him. Was it too much to expect that he would be nice to her at least at their wedding?

"You made me the happiest woman on this planet" Sevim pulled them both in a hug.

"I think you'd have to compete with me on that" Nevin joined her.

"Okay ladies no fights. Let's say it's a tie" He hugged them, and they pampered him with a kiss on his cheeks.

"I told you they love me more" Ozgur turned his attention to her still holding on to the mothers.

"Not anymore as I got the daughter I always wanted" Sevim pulled her in her arms.

"That's not fair mom." Ozgur complained though he knew that his mother always loved Ezgi.

Ezgi entered their lives as a 5-year-old when they moved into their neighbourhood. His mother doted on her ever since. Ezgi was the perfect child any parent could wish for. She always listened to what people said, got good grades and kept out of trouble. She could not be further apart for him, who was mischief personified. He lost count of the numerous times Ezgi's behaviour was set as standard for him. He was jealous of her and relished every opportunity to irritate her. His accomplice was Ezgi's twin brother Ozan, who was also equally irritated with her achievements being set as a goal to attain. She was no saint either and snitched them out to their parents at every opportunity she got.

The photographer called them for a photoshoot, and they took multiple pictures with both their families. They were left alone for a couple pictures and they finally held each other. He pulled her closer and her arms went around his neck as the photographer screamed closer from behind the lens. There was a soft smile on his face and her face inched closer to him till their noses touched. Her lips parted, and he could have kissed her in the moment when he heard the photographer scream "Perfect"