Domestic bliss

Ezgi adjusted her eyes to the surroundings as she woke up. They were back home yesterday morning and Ozgur rushed to his restaurant in the evening after resting for a while. She was too tired to wait for him so went to sleep. She wondered where he was when she noticed his sleeping form next to her. Holiday was over and she was back at work. It meant the only time they would possibly see each other would be in bed. They were comfortable with sharing space now, thanks to the vacation. She checked the time and hurried to get ready. No more lazy morning lie-ins as she must stick to the train timings, and it took an hour to get into the city.

Ozgur woke up late and found the bed empty. He then realised she must be back at work. He should have returned early last night but the bar was extremely busy, and he missed being behind it. He joined Pablo behind the bar after an update from Ozan and checking his emails.

He freshened up and went down to make some lunch before heading to work. He saw a note next to a plate of sandwiches.

"Back to the daily grind... Have fun...

P.S. empty the dishwasher and get groceries!!" He read the note again. He reached out for his mobile, but she was kind enough to leave him some sandwiches for lunch. He laughed it off and did as told.

Ezgi returned home tired. It was only day one and the commute seemed like forever. She turned on the lights in the kitchen and saw a note sticking to the pot on the burner.

"Hope you had a good day... Enjoy your dinner!!

P.S. load dishwasher and groceries are in utility for you to sort..." Her eyes rolled at the last line though she was happy that he cooked her dinner. She curled up on the sofa with the TV and enjoyed her soup.

xxx

It was Thursday evening and Ozgur was busy checking the arrangements for a last-minute birthday party reservation when his mobile buzzed with a text from her.

"I'm impressed with your sorting skills..." He laughed as he read it, only Ezgi can send something like that.

"What's funny?" Ozan joined him.

"Your twin" Ozgur sent a facepalm emoji back to her.

"What did she do?" Ozan noticed him quite engrossed on his mobile.

"She... Never mind, all sorted in the kitchen?" Ozgur could not possibly tell his best friend/brother-in-law that his twin was impressed with his domestic skills contrary to everything else he is popular for. All he did was to separate the washing pile.

"Yes, it's sorted but I need your help with something... Can we talk if you've a moment?" Ozan seemed hesitant which confused Ozgur.

Ozan narrated him an incident that happened in his absence and how much he repented it

"Deniz??? Deniz, who is Ezgi's friend... you mean our new lawyer" Ozgur went wide eyed.

"What? She's our new lawyer??? When did that happen?? Is that why she was here?" Ozan looked at him in shock.

"What do you mean when? Didn't we decide to change the previous lawyer? He never sent documents on time. You suggested that I look for a better firm and I met her there. As Ezgi already knew her, I confirmed. I was just waiting for the contract with the old firm to end." Ozgur replied.