v. charisma

Despite being dark outside, the inside of the building that Chrollo and his guest went into was bright, blindingly so. Since you had already gotten into the building, nobody checked for your identification, something you were grateful for as you started to climb the stairs. Chrollo would probably recognize you on sight. You weren't in an actual disguise, and he'd have to be an idiot if he couldn't recognize you with glasses on.

Of course, that's how most superheroes got away with stuff, it seemed. You never really understood that.

Keeping your gyo up was an easy enough task. It didn't take a lot out of you anymore with how much you had honed in your nen, and so tracking all of the heat signatures with your glasses was simple. It seemed Chrollo had gone up to the top floor - that was supposed to have a little restaurant, if you remembered correctly. Your lips quirked upwards in amusement. Was he on a date?

. . . No, you doubted it. Not only did the blue-haired teen look much too young, but you had a gut feeling that something a bit more sinister was going on.

You avoided trouble like the plague. You could handle yourself well, that wasn't the issue, but you weren't one for a lot of hustle and bustle. Ironic, considering you were possibly York New City's most competent informant and information gatherer, but true. When possible, you tried to stay out of trouble. It's why you didn't work with the mafia, and why you avoided the Phantom Troupe like the plague. However... Your curiosity seemed to deter this. You couldn't help it - even before you learned nen, had developed your hatsu, you had always been insanely curious. Maybe it was because you had grown up in a city where nobody knew anything about themselves, but since you could remember you had been obsessed with knowing as much as possible.

Warning flags were going off. Your intuition was sharp, and you had a feeling that, by following Chrollo and his teenage companion, you were probably getting yourself into something you didn't want to get into. You couldn't stop, though. Curiosity drove you - something about Chrollo Lucilfer had caught your attention, and you weren't going to just ignore it. You had to get to the bottom of this.

Entering the dining area, you made sure to stay inconspicuous. Thankfully, his back was to the entrance, he was too busy discussing something with the blue-haired teen, and you picked the seat closest to the exit. Asking for a menu, you looked at it but didn't actually look at it, pretending to read the items and ordering a water. The entire time, you kept an eye on the two over by the window. At some point, the woman held out a piece of paper, and your eyes widened at the strange creature hovering over her. Immediately, you connected the dots.

That must be the infamous fortune teller, Neon Nostrade. To think it was all her hatsu... It shouldn't be that surprising.

Using gyo on both your eyes and ears was a bit straining, but you managed to eavesdrop on them. Unfortunately, Chrollo didn't read his fortune out loud, but his reaction must have startled Neon as she got worried. Chrollo reassured her he was fine and mentioned a friend had passed recently, and the two got up. They started to walk back, and you lowered the menu for a moment to make eye contact with Chrollo. Silver eyes widened, albeit barely noticeable, and the hint of a smile played on his lips before his face went back to neutral. You allowed yourself to smile wryly in turn, giving the smallest of nods as they left the dining area.

Taking one last sip of your water, you counted to 15 before getting up and leaving yourself, making it seem casual. Of course, your outfit didn't help for blending in. You easily ignored the leers of the mafioso, holding your chin up high with an air of superiority that seemed to scream at everybody, 'Don't even try, I'm out of your league'.

You almost went downstairs, but something stopped you - you could see Chrollo's heat signature coming back up, and a bit behind him, was somebody following him. You paused outside the restaurant entrance in the hallway, keeping your face still. He wasn't the only one being followed. You cursed yourself for not noticing earlier, but you felt eyes on your back, and you held back the urge to scowl. Instead, you slowly began to walk.