Chapter Thirteen - The First Date

A/N: At last, here it is—the long-awaited first date chapter! Let me just say...this has taken me far too long to write (10 months, to be exact 😣 which included a long hiatus I was on). Sorry for keeping you guys waiting for that long, but hopefully some of you have stuck around! By the way, go check out the newly edited chapters I have just uploaded (some have major changes, others not so much)!

Oh, and let's pretend Ali isn't in the banner picture 😑

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV

I set my hairbrush down on the countertop once I finished brushing through my hair and looked at myself in the mirror for the umpteenth time. Overall I looked good: my hair was fixed nicely, my makeup was done well, and the outfit I picked out was cute. Now that I approved of my appearance, all I had to do was wait for Daniel to come and pick me up.

The jingling of keys could be heard unlocking the front door, which I knew must be my aunt Kim. I took one last look at my reflection, then I turned off the bathroom light and entered the living room. The front door swung open and my aunt entered the apartment with grocery bags hanging from her arms.

"Well, what are you dressed up for?" my aunt asked after she had shut the door and began to set down the bags of groceries on the kitchen counter.

"I have a date with Daniel tonight," I replied, walking over to the kitchen and helping her unload different items from the grocery sacks.

Aunt Kim smiled as she placed items in the refrigerator and said, "How nice. Where are you two lovebirds going?"

"To Golf N' Stuff," I answered, glancing down at my wristwatch to check the time; Daniel would be coming any minute.

"That sounds like fun. When is he picking you up?"

A knock at the door caused me to perk up and reply with a slight chuckle, "Now actually."

I quickly went to the door and opened it, revealing Daniel standing there with a grin on his face.

"Hi," he greeted nonchalantly.

"Hi," I greeted in return, stepping outside to join him.

My aunt came to the doorway. "Hi there, you must be Daniel. I'm Kim, Y/N's aunt," she introduced, holding out her hand for Daniel to shake.

"Yeah, I am. Nice to meet you," he said, shaking her hand. He turned to me, gesturing towards the staircase. "We better get goin."

"Alright. Have fun, you two. And don't be out too late, Y/N." My aunt gave me a smile before closing the door and leaving me with Daniel.

His hands were stuffed in his pants' pockets while those baby browns of his looked me up and down. "You look nice," he spoke softly, blushing a bit.

"Thank you." I smiled, admiring how adorable he was acting in the moment. "Come on, let's go." I took hold of Daniel's hand and pulled him towards the stairs.

"I didn't know you live with your aunt," Daniel mentioned as we walked, hand-in-hand, past the half-empty pool.

"Yeah, um. . ." I started to say, biting down on my lip as I did so. "My parents were killed in a car crash last year. Since then, I've been living here with her."