Chapter Seven - Bonsai Tree

[NEWLY EDITED 📝]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV

The next morning I was awoken by my aunt Kim shaking my shoulder.

"Y/N, you need to wake up. You'll be late to school," she said to me.

With a groan, I pushed her hand away.

"You must be too exhausted to get up because you were home an hour and a half after curfew last night."

My eyes opened. "Hm?"

"I heard you come in last night at eleven thirty," she explained. "What were you doing out so late?"

I managed to sit up. "Mr. Miyagi and I had some stuff to do."

"And this 'stuff' had to be done late last night? What'd you two do?"

"Just a favor for a friend of mine," I said as I pulled the covers off me and scooted to the edge of my bed.

"The LaRusso boy, right?" my aunt grinned. I answered with a nod. "Well, alright. Next time make sure to be home before curfew because I won't always let you get away with it. Understand?"

I nodded again. "Good," she said, and patted my back. "Now, hurry up and get dressed. Breakfast is ready."

+ + +

At school, I finished grabbing things that I needed for my next class out of my locker. When I closed it, I felt a tap on my left shoulder. No one was there when I whipped my head around, but when there was another tap on my right shoulder and I looked to my right, there stood Daniel.

"Hey, you," he said with a smile.

"Hi," I giggled. "Ooo, your forehead."

"Oh yeah, it's this gigantic runaway zit."

I gave him a look. "Don't lie to me, Daniel. I know it was Johnny."

"Huh?" Daniel tried to appear confused, but sighed once he realized that I wasn't going to give in to him. "Fine, you got me. But to everybody else this'll be a runaway zit."

"You're something else," I laughed. Daniel started to walk with me through the hallway. "But seriously, what actually happened?"

His grin faded. "Uh—nothing really."

"Did it involve you wrecking your bike?"

The question seemed to have stunned Daniel.

"H-how—?" He furrowed his brows and looked at me. His voice lowered to a whisper. "How did you know?"

Before I was given a chance to answer, Ali butted in.

"Hey, Daniel-with-an-l," she giggled beside him.

"Oh, hey Ali."

"What happened to your forehead?"

"Oh, um—" Daniel glanced at me before speaking. I snickered, knowing exactly what he was planning on saying. "It's terrible. Just this gigantic runaway zit."