Chapter Seventeen - Beach Training

[UNEDITED]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV

Daniel stood at the shoreline with his hands on his hips, looking out at the Pacific Ocean in front of him. I could tell, from where I stood watching him, that he wasn't being too quick about going into the water.

Mr. Miyagi and I were towards the back of the beach, near where his pickup truck was parked.  Both of us observed Daniel as he finally decided to inch closer to the water. Yet before he entered the ocean completely, he stopped and turned to look at us for encouragement. Beside me, Mr. Miyagi stood with the same stance Daniel had — with his hands on his hips.

"Learn balance!" Mr. Miyagi yelled out to him, motioning forward with his hands. "Go water! Make kick! Learn balance!"

Sure enough, at Mr. Miyagi's commands, Daniel began to make his way into the water. . .hesitantly. I couldn't help but laugh a little at how scared Daniel seemed about going into the ocean. Surely the water wasn't that cold.

"It looks to me like Daniel doesn't want to do this," I mentioned to Mr. Miyagi with a chuckle.

"Ah, but Daniel-san must do it. Apart of training," he replied. "Now, Miyagi must go and do his own training."

After having said that, Mr. Miyagi began to walk down the beach, continuing to watch Daniel as he did so. Curious, I watched as Mr. Miyagi's figure got farther away; I wondered what exactly his training was going to consist of.

I took my sight off of Mr. Miyagi and set it back on Daniel, who was now knee deep in the Pacific. Almost immediately, he was knocked over by a wave, and continued to be knocked over by a series of waves as he struggled to learn balance and make kicks in the water. A part of me even started feeling bad for him.

Because of my sympathy for him, I decided to walk down near the shore, just so I could be closer to him as he trained. It wasn't every day that I got to be with him as he trained, so I was definitely going to take advantage of this opportunity.

Once I approached the shoreline, the water instantly covered my bare feet, making me flinch backwards due to how cold it actually was. Now I knew why Daniel wasn't enjoying this part of his training.

"Having fun in there?!" I called out to Daniel, referring to him being in the ocean. Surprisingly, he had actually heard me, and turned his head to look at me. But right as he did so, an enormous wave formed behind him, and tumbled over him, knocking him over in the water.

I was in a fit of laughter when he emerged from the water, coughing and sputtering. He noticed me laughing at him and decided to walk up to where I stood at the shore.

"Oh, you think this is funny?" Daniel asked me as my laughing had started to die down. He was soaking wet, and the expression on his face appeared to be a bit intimidating.

"I mean, it is entertaining," I confessed with a chuckle.

As soon as Daniel heard my response, he grabbed my waist and hoisted me up over his shoulder, and started to enter the ocean again.

"No! Daniel, no! Please, no!" I begged him as he carried me into the ocean. But it came as no surprise to me that Daniel wouldn't listen because now he was in a fit of laughter, and I knew for sure that he was finding my squealing and begging to be entertaining. An enormous wave — probably the biggest one yet — was beginning to take form and knowing Daniel's plan, I continued to cry out and beg for him to let me down.