The Truth comes Out!

In the last chapter...

"Your name... The necklace... breathed Mrs. Bucket "I don't believe it! Esme, we thought you were dead!"

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Mom?" Charlie asked her "are you alright?"

"Charlie" she said, holding his shoulders "Esme is your..."

               🍭Esme's P.O.V 🍭

"...cousin!" Finished Mrs. Bucket.

Everyone's jaw dropped, even Willy's! And I don't think he's even paying attention, he was going through the cupboards!

"What?" I asked, now I was really confused.

"You don't remember, do you?" Mrs. Bucket asked me.

"I have no memory of anything before I was eight years old" I said "What happened?"

"You were my sister, Emily Bucket's daughter. She and her husband Edward brought you to visit us around the time Charlie was just two years old" she said.

"That explains why I didn't remember you" said Charlie "the last time I saw you, I was so young!"

"And you grew so much since then" said his grandpa "I didn't recognize you either."

"You were the sweetest little girl we knew" said Mrs. Bucket "but that night as you left with your parents, there was a snow storm. The police came to our door saying that your car slid off the road and they managed to pull your parent's bodies from the car but they couldn't find any sign of you..."

"Did my parents make it?" I asked.

"No dear" she said, sadly "they died in the hospital the day after the accident."

I felt tears forming in my eyes. I felt someone hold my hand, I looked over and saw it was Willy. I gave him a small smile.

Mrs. Bucket nodded grimly, remembering my parents death. "When they couldn't find any sign of you, we figured you died in the blaze of the car" she said, wiping away a tear. "But now you're back!" She said happily.

"But how did you survive?" Asked Charlie.

I tried to remember my parents, I tried to remember my life before the factory. Then it happened a strange light flashed before my eyes and I remembered it all! I remembered my mother! She had dark hair and always smelled like sweets. And my father had blond hair and loved to dance with me. We owned a bakery in another town together.

Then I remembered the accident, it was horrible! The car just kept flipping and spinning and the glass windows shattered. The car finally stopped flipping and I managed to get out of it, crawling out of a window.

I waited for my parents outside the car... but they never came out. Then the car burst into flames and I heard the police sirens down the street. The sound scared me and I ran away, I slipped through the huge iron gates of the factory and kept running. I noticed one of the warehouse doors opened and I ran in there to hide.

But once inside I tripped and fell head first on the cement floor. The last thing I saw was the word Wonka written on the box...

I snapped back to reality and gasped, falling to my knee's. I began to cry right there on the floor.

Willy lowered down beside me. "You had a flashback?" He asked me.

I could only nod.

Charlie came over and hugged me. I hugged him back. He helped me over to the bed where the rest of the  grandparents were. Charlie's other grandpa offered me a handkerchief, I accepted it.