Chapter 15

*Pia Pov*

"Are you both angry at me?" I asked Mom and Dad when I entered our house and we are standing in the living room.

"Angry! No we are not. But worry! Yes we are worried for you." Dad said and I can see the frown on his face.

"Dad! I know but the baby..." I started to say but Mom cut me off by shaking her head.

"We know Pia. We know that this is the best for the baby but what about you. We know the family and we even know Aman. They are good people but we can't ignore the fact that he was already married and you are going to be his second wife." She said and I immediately flinched.

Seeing this my Dad immediately said "What are we trying to say is that are you really sure about this. That's it!"

Am I? I asked myself again and again. I guess I am ok with this.

"There is whole night to decide. Just think about this again dear." Mom said and they both left to go inside their room bidding 'Good night'

"Let's go!" Nikki said and dragged me inside my room.

"First just sleep Pia. Think about this after waking up with fresh mind." She said and I did as she said lying down on the bed. With all the stress in the brain I immediately closed my eyes and drifted off into sleep.

Next day I opened my eyes to see Nikki working on the designs at the table. I need to think about my job too right.

"Nikki! What about my job?" I asked sitting beside her.

"Well baby needs your full attention and you can't go to work place and work there." She replied.

"I will resign then. I will complete the work that is in my contract staying at home and I will ask them to take you in my place." I said deciding.

"Are you mad? I can't be in your position. I know you think me as someone who has great talent but I don't Pia. I am happy with my line of work." She said shaking her head.

"Then they have to select someone on their own." I said and started typing my resignation letter.

After typing it I just couldn't send it. All these months I worked hard and got this position. Can I just give up just like that?

I can do this for the baby but I can't ignore the fact that I am actually marrying him. Should I marry the person who gave me.... no Pia! Just don't think of the past.

"I don't think I can do this." I said looking at Nikki.

"Resignation?" she asked looking at the typed letter.

"No! I can't marry him. I just can't Nikki." I replied.

"Then what about the baby?" She asked looking at me.

"We will think of something else. But for now I can't. I will go and say this to Aunty." I replied getting up.

I got ready and went to their house only to stop in my tracks hearing his voice. I leaned on the window to hear clearly.

"But Aman! In sometime you are getting married and you can't go to office today." Aunty said.

"Mom! You don't have to worry about me going to office. Because she is not going to marry me. She said she will in heat of the moment. I am sure by now she must have realized that she can't marry me." He said with so much confidence that I wish I can throw some stone on his head.

How dare he to know me like that? I thought fuming and returned to my house.

I went inside my room with composed face but I am still fuming inside. Nikki looked at me from the table.