Chapter 8

<Two Years Later>

*Arthi Pov*

I got ready as soon as I can even though it is just 7am. Today it is very important day for me as I am going to give my first presentation to an important client.

I got downstairs and heard the door bell. I opened the door to see Shushant arrived correctly on time.

"Hey! I am almost ready. Just wait for two minutes I will go and bring my bag." Saying this I started going near my bag on the couch.

"The meeting is cancelled for today Arthi." He said following me.

"What?" I asked him shocked because I was not expecting that.

"Yeah! We have to go next week. I know you will be disappointed that's why I came here to inform you directly." He said flopping himself on the couch.

I sighed and sat infront of him saying "No! I am not disappointed but I was just nervous from yesterday thinking about my presentation."

"How dare you to feel nervous when you are working for me for the past one year?" He asked glaring at me. I couldn't help but laugh and he followed my suite.

"Seriously! Now you have the experience why don't you join your brother's company?" He asked after few minutes.

"I didn't join in your company just for experience Sushant. I want to work there too and I want to be the part of its development." I replied.

"But your family company is the top one so it will be good for you too." He said reasoning.

"Exactly! It is family company and there is nothing much to do there. But yours is your own hard work and it is much better to work in yours than ours." I said explaining to him.

"Pia is very proud of you. Do you know that?" he asked to which I smiled brightly.

Then we heard the footsteps and turned to see Bhai coming down holding his laptop. As usual he didn't saw us and is lost in his own thoughts.

"Are they still pressuring him?" I asked Sushant as I am not actually going near Bhai and asking his problems for the past two years. Sushant became a kind of mediator between us.

After Pia left she didn't returned during this whole time and Sushant was there whenever I miss her.

"Yeah! For the last one month they are talking only about his marriage." He replied.

And then we saw Bhai sitting on the small couch present near the backyard. We both know what is he going to do for half n hour and we don't have to watch him.

"Now he is going to open it and search for something for five minutes madly." I said starting the commentary.

After five minutes of doing that he sighed as usual and then started to type something.

"Now he is going to type seriously for fifteen minutes which is happening from one month only. Before that he used to type with a happy smile on his face." Sushant said looking at Bhai.

He did like he said and the next ten minutes he always sit quietly but not today I guess. Because he got up and walked near us.

When he is totally near to us he said only one thing "I am going to Kolkata." And started walking towards the stairs.

"What just happened? What is he even doing all these years?" I asked Sushant.

"I asked him so many times but he is not saying anything about it. This actually became the daily routine for him it seems as you told me. Now I don't know why he is going to Kolkata." Sushant replied.