Chapter 6- He's Perfect...Or Not

CHAPTER 6: He's Perfect...Or Not

Angel's POV:

Stunned.

Astounded. That's what I was.

I stood there watching my sister walking away, her fragile body being enveloped by the darkness.

Her words still hung in the air, echoing through the cold night. What she said had stung, just like the freezing night air. I was more shocked than hurt. Why would I be hurt? I don't care.

I began to shiver; it might not just be because of the cold.

A deep voice broke through the veil of silence.

"Hey, er, Angel, are you ok?" Tommy asked tentatively. I had completely forgotten he was there.

When I turned around I saw Tommy standing behind me looking bewildered. "Er, yeah I'm ok, are you?" I replied.

He looked at me as if he didn't believe a word. "It's cold, we should get back inside." Tommy said. I looked at him properly and saw that beneath the tough athletic exterior there was something else, something I couldn't put my finger on. He was wearing a mask and it was slipping.

"Good idea, God Tommy you're shivering!" I replied, shocked. He just smiled at me weakly and started to walk inside.

I was still looking at him trying to figure him out. "Angel you're staring at me," he stated. I blushed not realising how obvious I was being

"Oh sorry, I was just wondering why you followed Miriam?" I asked a bit embarrassed.

His eyes stared off into the darkness for a second and something flashed across his face. "I just felt sorry for her, I mean if I were in her shoes I'd hate that to happen." He eventually replied.

I wasn't convinced, and neither was he by the look on his face, but I let it slide. By now we'd reached the house, "We'll I'm going to go upstairs and see if I can find Rick or Scott or someone, are you coming with?" I asked.

"Er, no I'll be up in a bit I need to go and talk to someone." He said.

"Ok I'll tell the others you'll be up soon!"

TOMMY's POV:

"Ok I'll tell the others you'll be up soon!" She said, smiling nonchalantly. I didn't understand how she could be behaving as if nothing had happened, how any of them could behave that way.

Miriam's words had really got to me. She was right. I disagreed wholly with how Scott, Cherry and the others had behaved but I didn't do anything about it. I didn't speak out and stop them, tell them that they were being outrageously and unnecessarily mean.

Did that make me as bad as them?

I remember at primary school they used to tell us that seeing someone being bullied and not doing anything is almost as bad as bullying itself.

Am I as bad as a bully? As Cherry? As Scott? As my best friends?

And if so why? Why aren't I strong enough to speak out against the bullies? Have I become so submissive that I just allow my 'friends' to wreck other people's lives? When did my 'friends' become the type of people to wreck people's lives? When did my friends become my 'friends'?

My head began hurting, the room began to spin. What was happening to me? I tried to stumble over to the sofa but missed. "Alright mate had one too many? Good on ya!" One of my fellow footballers cried jubilantly, slapping me on the back.

I managed to crawl my way into the kitchen. The kitchen tiles were really cold, a pleasant contrast with the excruciating heat of my face. I don't know how long I lay there, maybe hours? But it felt like seconds.