One goal, two paths

Shambling through the empty depot Ephraim followed a red line painted on the ground that leads to the medical area. "Goddamn it, how long can one hallway be?" He sighed, wanting to just fall over and die. After another minute of bland, dark grey durasteel hallway, the redline ends in front of the med bay door. "Finally." Entering the room he begins rummaging through the cabinets and finds high-end pain killers and bacta jell. Applying the bacta and swallowing what was more than likely the safe amount of medicine. He sighed as his body went numb. "Ahh, that's better."

Taking a moment to sit down in the med bay he thinks out his plan to get Sabine. "I'm not in any shape to fight my way through the clan. And if those two are any sign of their teamwork I wouldn't last a minute." He sighed, not liking how few choices he was to move forward. "Maybe I could draw her out. If I could somehow get Ezra she would eventually come to get him." He sighed again at the thought of his son. "Why can't that little shit see reason."

Hearing what sounded like engines he reached out with the force and felt none other than his son. "Well, if plans just don't come together." He smiled as he got off the bed and made his way to the main storage area. "Maybe he doesn't know of Vader... somehow. Maybe if I explain it to him.

Finding himself on scaffolding high above the ground he watched the bay door. "Come on kid, don't stay in the ship the whole time." He smiled when the bay door opened up and revealed none other than his son. Watching him walk through the large room we jumped down to him. With a quiet thud, he rose to his feet and met eyes with Ezra. "I thought you died." He was surprised at Ezra's callous disregard for him. "Ezra, I know the last time we met it didn't exactly... work out. Put I only want to help you. To help Sabine."

Crossing his arms Ezra shook his head. "I don't buy that for a second. If you wanted to help her, me, the clan you'd have joined us. Not kidnap her." Ephraim shook his head and began pacing. "You do know of Vader, right?" He nodded, arms still crossed. "Then you know you cant beat him. None of us can." Ezra scoffed, unafraid of Vader's rath. "I killed Maul, alone and wounded on Tatooine. I can fight Vader, here on Krownest, surrounded by my family."

Ephraim scoffed and waved a hand through the air. "I am your family. And I know, neither of us, alone or together could stand against Vader." Inadvertently feeding off Ephraim's agitation Ezra began pacing, matching his father's stride. "I've never met an inquisitor I couldn't kill. The last time I met Vader I was more a kid than a man. Now, I am ready."

Ephraim's temper finally got the best of him as he began shouting. "Don't be stupid boy! You can't beat the dark lord! No one can! Kenobi couldn't, several small armies of Jedi couldn't! Where do you get off thinking you alone can beat that...  THAT THING!?" Ignoring the outburst Ezra began circling Ephraim. Not wanting to be circled they began circling each other. "The only way to save Sabine, the child, even yourself is to join the empire. They won't hurt her, too valuable."

Ezra shook his head, not buying into his father's logic. "She would survive until the minute after she gave birth. Then, they would kill her. I don't even want to think of what they'd do to the baby. And me? I would rather die than be any more like you than I already am."

"Damn it, Ezra! How do you not see reason! If not with the empire you'll die, Sabine will die, the baby will die! All for what!? Some slim chance at toppling the empire! That's madness!"

"You don't see it, old man! It's certain death with the empire! Maybe not now, not for me! But my family! They won't survive! It's better to try then to join them and wait to die!" The two finally had enough. Knowing the other couldn't be swayed by words they moved on to lightsabers. "Even if you can't see reason... I do, and I won't let you end our line because of some backward foolishness!" Ephraim yelled as he rushed forward and attacked Ezra.