Chapter Three: Dawn to Dusk

Nick

I could hear the sound of bells. There was also a sound of celebration in people's voices. What exactly is going on, wasn't I in Zak's home? Where on the lords Earth am I? Sighing, I tried to open my eyes. Despite everything I could hear; There was nothing except a dark void of black, encasing my vision from the world and joyous sounds around me. Suddenly, two muffled voices piped up. I couldn't make out what exactly they were saying. Who were these people? One voice sounded oddly familiar, but for some odd reason I couldn't wrap my finger around who it was. The second voice on the other hand was a complete mystery to me, I could make out they had a rather proper vocabulary. Everything about this seemed odd.

"Nick..."

What? How do they know my name?" Where on gods Earth am I?"

"Nick.."

I need to get back to Zak. This doesn't make any sense.

"Nick! Wake up!"

What on Earth- Before I could process everything that was happening I felt a cold wet(?) sensation causing my body to jolt forward. The darkness that had encased my vision had been snagged from beneath me like a rug.

My face cringed as my eyes started adjusting to my surroundings. I saw a familiar brunette looking at with with concern plastered all over his face. "Zak?" I asked, my voice sounding gruff and raspy- my morning voice had always been like this. "I thought you were dying, jeez! You should've seen how you kept tossing and turning in your sleep. Honestly Nick, I know you were kicked out, but despite that are you alright? Are you sure you want to accompany me on my trip?" Zak asked, his words laced with worry.

I shook my head and reluctantly got up, "Zak I'm alright. We're about to leave, correct? Sorry if I made us late. I'll get ready to leave now. Don't worry about me; I'll meet you outside." I stated reassuringly; there was genuine smile on my face hoping to reassure Zak. He eventually nodded his head and made his way out of the home and outside, probably to get some last minute preparations ready for our journey while I got dressed.

Today was going to be a long day.

End.

.

.

.

[ POV: None ]

The young prince sighed as he starred out his bedroom window; it had a direct view into one of his favorite parts of the garden. Memories of his time in the execution grounds replayed in his head against the brunettes will. Screams echoing within his mind engraving themselves into the princes skull ever so slightly.

Both of his biological parents, gone. The news hadn't even been announced to the public yet. Only a select few amount of guards, the council, George himself, and of course Schlatt had known about the brutal execution given to the queen from her once loyal subjects. Yes they were still loyal to her somewhere deep down, Schlatt was someone no one had an urge to stand up too however.

Seconds turning to minutes.

Minutes turning to half-hours.

Half-hours turning to hours.

Before George had realized, he had lost another day of his life withering away.

George reluctantly stood up from the seat placed nearest towards his window, the prince had his life schedule engraved into his head. It would be time for supper soon. It would be just him and Schlatt. His mother wouldn't be present for once.

His footsteps had clicked and clacked upon the elegant tile flooring that had littered the castle throughout almost the whole building. George had always wondered why the royal family had needed a home as huge as the castle, many rooms had been untouched for decades. The space the castle had taken up would be better used as land for where the homeless and slum dwellers could be sheltered. Sadly, he was walking through halls filled of history. The kingdom would never wish for the castle to lose its walls, for it was the last thing they had of the Nevermore Empire's rightful rulers. That and George of course. Why couldn't he had been born at another generation, even being born into another family would be better than this.

The brunette shook his head and tilted his head, his gaze burning into each corridor he had passed. There was an uneasy lack of guards present, the boy had coke to the assumption if he ran right now he would most probably be able to escape. George was smarter than that however and would wait until he had a full stomach; as well as life necessities any living being would need to have in order to survive.

His pace had suddenly come to a halt as he reached two familiar large doors. There were already the usual servants ready to greet their young and only prince.

George had sighed.

He would give anything to skip this supper with Schlatt.

Hopefully it would be his last one here.

That idea had given George hope.

.

.

.