19

warning animal cruelty ahead!!

eleven year old sachi entered her father's mansion after her taekwondo class.

hair in a bun with a few lose hair framing her face. on her hand was a kitten, one she had found on the way home. it purred, rubbing it's fluffy face to her chest.

she knew that she had to keep it away from her dad. he never liked anything that made her... soft inside.

tiptoeing to the stairs she flinched hearing the door close to her creak loudly as it opened.

and out came her father.

her eyes darted to his dark blank ones in terror as she saw him eye the kitten she was holding.

his eyes narrowed and a visible frown was seen.

"f-father" she mumbled.

she flinched when he grabbed her arm harshly before turning it around to see her palms.

her eyes darted down to it finally seeing her mistake. a scratch..

not just any scratch. blood oozed from it.

her blood.

"f-father it's n-not mine" she said in a frenzy trying to deny the fact that she let herself bled.

her father didn't listen to her please as he dragged her down the dark basement.

the basement was dark, almost black as usual, flicking the light on, a small amount of light surrounded the room to which her father dragged her in.

throwing her to the floor, sachi whimpered, clutching the cat against her chest as she crawled her way to the wall away from her father.

tears lined up her eyes as she stared at her father holding a gun.

walking up to sachi he stared in disgust seeing her teary eyes. "I've always told you, crying means weak, bleeding means weak and those filthy things can be your weakness" he spoke as he pointed the gun the cat.

sachi whimpered holding the cat closer as she shut her eyes close.

waiting for the gunshot to come her heart rammed against her chest as she trembled in fear.

but instead a clanking noise was heard making her flinch. slowly opening her eyes she saw the gun inches away from her.

her head darted up to her father, flinching when he kneeled down beside her.

for a second she thought that she was forgiven but that was all erased when her father snatched the cat away from her, throwing it across the room.

"no-" she whimpered out, with trembling feet she tried to stand.

but she stopped feeling her father shove something into her hand.

the cold metal against her skin made goosebumps travel around her body.

"shoot it" he said.

her eyes traveled to the gun with tears flowing down her cheeks as she shook her head over and over again.

"n-no father please-"

"SHOOT IT NOW" sachi shrieked at his loud booming voice ecoed through the walls of the basement.

coldness rushed around her body as she felt him rose her hand, fingers gliding against hers as he pointed to the poor kitten before pulling the trigger with her finger.

the loud sound made sachi shriek and cry out loud as she felt blood taint her skin, speckled red liquid tainted her cheeks and her white taekwondo uniform was now a mix of blood red.

knees trembling she whimpered as she fell to the ground sobbing, eyes staring at the mess she made in complete horror.

her heart dropped at the sight of blood on her white skin, heart dropping, stomach churning at the sight as she frantically tried to removed it.

"b-blood no- blood-" she mumbled incoherently.

she flinched hearing the creaking noise of a closing door and before she could even scream out to her father she was surrounded by darkness inside the eerie quiet room.

"dude, snap out of it"

sachi blinked before turning her head to kuina.

lollipops were placed in their mouths as they chilled inside sachi's room, they were both sitting on the carpeted floor, sachi only in her shorts as she waited for her other clothes to be delivered back to her room.

sachi could only give kuina a cheeky smile before glancing at her table where her bottle of pills were placed.

"neh kuina, is there a reason why you're quiting smoking?" she blurted out.

kuina only stared at her before staring back to the wall they were facing.

"my mom. i wanted to stop for her" she simply answered with a smile. "you?"

sachi shrugged. "dunno, wanna live longer i guess" she mumbled before letting her tongue play with the lollipop.

she lied.

she wanted to live longer to find her father.

and kill him herself.

kuina only nodded at her answer before opening her can of beer.

sachi's can was left untouched. as she stared at the wall infront of them.

it's already her fourth day in the beach and let's just say that every night was a night full of not only games inside game arenas but also games behind the closed door of either her room or chishiya's.

they never went too far just like the first time. it was always just teasing which made her sexually frustrated.

"you should put a shirt on before someone decides to come in with out asking" kuina said with a small laugh.

they were both already comfortable with each other.

sachi never had friends for a girl her age. friends are just weaknesses that would drag you down, as her father always says.

but she found comfort in kuina's friendly atmosphere... even in a cruel place called borderland.

an ally wouldn't be such a bad thing.