2.18

It was already dawn when she arrived in front of the apartment building.

She didn't know why she suddenly grew nervous as she walked up, ignoring her aching feet.

As soon as she faced the door she gulped, taking in a breath she quickly looked for the other key before opening the locked door.

She didn't know why she'd even feel nervous about this, she was sure he'd win that game.

But when she stepped inside the flat her heart dropped.

"Tarou? Tarou I'm back!" She called out.

But there was no answer, nor were there any steps too.

Gulping the bile that stuck on her throat she immediately closed the door before going through the place.

But he wasn't there.

She sat down on the bed with a blank face.

It's ok, the game must still be going on. It's only dawn, he'll come back soon.

Her hand involuntarily fiddled with the paper ring but her heart could only drop when bits of it tore off and it unraveled.

It must've been the sweat from last night's game.. it's not a sign.. right?

Her dainty hand grabbed the pieces.

And soon a pathetic sob left her mouth.

She hated being like this.

She was tired. So tired.

She just wanted to hold onto him and rest.

She just wanted him.

The idea of him dying in that game was killing her already.

Anxiety was overcoming her.

She slowly placed the pieces down onto the side table, before standing up to look for one of his clean shirts they hung outside the window before.

As soon as she puts it on she immediately feels better. His scent on her was calming enough that she fell asleep on the bed.

_______________

Faint sounds of gunshots awoke her.

The deep feeling in her stomach was enough to make her stand up immediately to go see what was happening.

She immediately went out to look where it was coming from, not caring about her painful feet as she ran around the streets.

As soon as she saw how far away the king of spades' blimp is, she knew something was up.

And as she arrived at the center of tokyo, she heard screaming.

From a certain burnt man.

"Usagi!" Arisu's voice screamed, it sent shrill down her spine.

And as if the world suddenly slow down, sachi's heart dropped seeing a certain blonde take the bullet instead.

She was dumbfounded.

Her throat ached.

Breath stuck in her lungs before a painful scream left her mouth.

"CHISHIYA"

Everyone flinched at this.

Through the pain, his eyes widened in horror.

He didn't think she'd see.

Blinded by shock and rage her hands patted her body down for any type of gun but she didn't have any.

"Sachi! Chishiya he-" usagi called out to her to snap her out of it.