Ch4 - Capturing an Evil Spirit

Yu Zhengdu was shocked by the words of the two girls. At that moment, the girl standing on the far left suddenly threw him a strange smile. Then, her eyes rolled up slowly, until the whites of her eyeballs that were crawling with veins could be seen. Meanwhile, bright red blood began trickling out of her eye sockets.

White eyeballs, red blood tears, coupled with a malicious smile — this scene was as weird as it could get.

Yu Zhengdu, "..."

Yu Zhengdu thanked his ghost company for the first time. After a few days of training his psychological state of mind there, he could still maintain an unchanged expression in the face of such a scene and calmly say to the short-haired girl, "I actually failed to frighten you, I thought my acting was pretty realistic."

The short-haired girl grinned and said, "It was very realistic, but the method was a bit outdated."

When the female ghost saw that Yu Zhengdu didn't get a fright, she felt doubtful for a moment and couldn't tell if he had seen her or not.

Just as the three of them found a table to sit down, in order to test Yu Zhengdu, the female ghost scuttled to the seat that Yu Zhengdu was going to occupy, then confidently sat down first and looked at Yu Zhengdu proudly, ready to see what his reaction was.

Yu Zhengdu, "..."

It's time to see who was the better actor.

His expression remained unchanged. As he continued to talk to the two girls, he sat down calmly on the female ghost's lap.

Female Ghost: my smile is gradually fading away.

Fortunately, at the last moment, the female ghost could not accept having a living person sit on her thigh after all, so she quickly fled just as Yu Zhengdu was about to crush her.

Yu Zhengdu inwardly breathed a sigh of relief. Honestly, he was pretty stressed about actually having to sit on the lap of a female ghost.

Perhaps it was because she was certain that Yu Zhengdu couldn't see her, but the female ghost was too lazy to harass him anymore. She went back to the short-haired girl and stuck to her closely.

Yu Zhengdu and the two girls introduced themselves to one other. The short-haired girl was named Li Tiantian, and her friend was named Jiang Hong. They both worked in a game company at another building of the park.

Li Tiantian smiled and said, "You're always alone every time I see you. Why don't you have lunch with your colleagues?"

Yu Zhengdu said perfunctorily, "My colleagues and I have different tastes, so we can't eat together."

Jiang Hong glanced at Yu Zhengdu's lunch tray and said, "Your taste seems pretty common ah."

Yu Zhengdu, "Un, they're the ones with uncommon tastes."

The three chatted while eating. When Li Tiantian and Jiang Hong learned that Yu Zhengdu had just arrived here to work, they enthusiastically introduced the situation on this side of the Science Park to him. The atmosphere between them wasn't awkward at all.

But Li Tiantian would stretch and rub her shoulders from time to time. She complained, "I don't know why, but I've always felt very tired recently. My shoulders are always so damn sore, as if they're being pressed down on by something."

Jiang Hong said, "Should be an occupational hazard ba, people with desk jobs have the highest chance of getting frozen shoulders, cervical spondylosis and other ailments like that."

Li Tiantian muttered, "I used to sit like this all the time, but I've never felt so tired ah. Also, there seems to be something wrong with my neck recently. It'll just suddenly start feeling cold from time to time."