𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇

➽──────────────────────────────────────❥

Six months of peace in District 4. Six months of being safe, and away from the Capitol's prying eyes. That is, six months until today. 

My thoughts distract me as the knot I've been working so hard on begins to loosen. I sigh in frustration

"Rissa, here."

He carefully puts his arms around me to help me finish tying the knot, meant for the fish trap. However, it seems that he gets a little distracted, as he begins planting soft kisses to my jawline.

"I thought we were meant to be finishing the net?" I question, one eyebrow raised.

"That can wait, I'm going to miss this in the Capitol." 

Oh, I had completely forgotten about our 'secret' relationship. How we won't be able to feel each other's warmth during the tour. How I won't be able to feel the sparks of electricity when his long fingers caress me.

We decided that it's too risky to be ourselves in the train, due to the multiple capitol attendants and staff inside. 

"We'll still be together, Fin." I lean back into his touch.

"No but, I won't be able to have you here. In my arms. Your warmth and no distance between ourselves." He tucks my hair behind my ear.

I look around us, at our secret place. We seem to have a lot of secret things, Finnick and me. This lake being one of them. A mile off from the Victors Village is a sort of forest. No one enters because everyone presumes it just leads to the border of the District. Also, there hasn't been a reason to, as we get all of our produce from the main seafront. 

One warm day, a young Nerissa and Finnick were playing hide-and-seek. Nerissa, being the silly little 8 year old she was, thought that Finnick would never find her if she hid behind the large oak tree in the woods. But, Fin decided to venture in anyway, in search for Rissa. Although, it was Nerissa's giggling that gave her away, or maybe he never would have spot her.

"Remember the day we found this place?" I say turning my face to look at the picturesque lake in-front of me. 

"How could I ever forget, you're a terrible hider." He smirks at me, as I look at him with a look of disbelief. 

"I never would have started giggling if you didn't look so funny!" I retort, slapping his arm

"My prep teams going to be hear soon" A frown replaces my smile.

"And you're going to release your first song, which you still haven't let me hear." I laugh as his hands run through my unbrushed hair, carefully untangling my knots. 

"Patience is a virtue, Fin. Besides, you need to wait, just like everyone else. What makes you think you're indifferent?" 

"I don't know... maybe the fact that you love me?" 

"I don't know... maybe that's more of an opinion than a fact." I mimic him, while he looks shocked

"I'm joking, Fin. I'm completely head over heels for you." 

"Well, we don't want you tripping in your heels for me!" He waits for my reaction to his bad joke, looking at me, clearly offended, when I tell him it's not.

"Come on then, Capitol Princess, can't keep your prep team waiting!" He gets up and starts walking off, ahead of me whilst I jog to catch up to him.

"It's not that bad, Rissa. Just this tour, then we're free to be ourselves and together, free to live a million moments like this." 

"Yes, but I just hate it. I hate the Capitol, their fake smiles, their fancy clothes, the joy they must have gotten watching me fight to survive."