gold rush

Harry Styles. Everyone knows that name. His viridescent eyes and knee-weakening smile makes blood rush underneath anyone's skin, turning every inch into a rose blush. His deep and raspy voice can leave anyone quivering in seconds. And so yet the legend continues; everybody wants Harry Styles, but out of the seven billion people in the world, he chose one.

Ariana Grande. Named the queen of pop music for the reasons of her astounding heavenly voice and bubbly, bright personality. She is the reigning queen of the music industry, and every queen needs a king.

Joined in one, these two pop royalty reigns each person's playlist. Their curly heads and dimpled smiles make you wonder what it would be like to fall in love as much as they are with each other.

Right?

"Hey." Harry softly calls Ariana out, who was sitting in one of the bar stools, which is a few feet away from him, with a glass of champagne in between her hands. She was gazing out the crowded dance floor as Harry's new album blasts out the club's speakers.

Even amidst all the noise and chaos, she heard his familiar voice.

Ariana turns around, and her honey brown eyes met his familiar gaze that was slowly making its way closer to her. His gaze that caused such slow motion, double vision in her pounding heart.

"Hi." She says with a smile, his aura so inviting.

"I haven't seen you all evening." Harry pouts, and pulling her closer to his body.

Ariana laughs, "It's your night." She says, "I don't want to steal your spotlight." She teases him, softly poking his dimpled cheek.

Harry looks at her from head to toe, slowly analyzing the piece of fabric hugging her perfect curves. She wore a diamond glistening little black dress with a deep v-cut, exposing her chest explicitly. Oh, how he much craved for her right now.

His eyes met hers again, and his lips quickly curved into a smirk, "With what you're wearing, you'll surely steal my spotlight." He winks at her.

Harry's hands blissfully wrapped around Ariana's waist, diminishing the horrible five inches between them.

"Oh, Harry..." Ariana smiles, but her sudden blueness was soon vividly painted on her face.

Harry rapidly got alarmed, "What is it? Are you okay, bellísima?" He asks softly and intertwines his hands with her, softly caressing it with his thumb.

Ariana smiles timidly, "It's nonsense, really." She said, hoping she'd convince him.

He gives her a look, evident he's not buying anything she's saying, "Even if it's the stupidest thing to be sad about, I care about how you feel."

His words made her feel safe and validated. She looks at him and takes a deep breath, "I'm just scared."

Harry's brows stitched together, "Scared?" He quizically asks, "For what?" He continues.

Her sudden confession made him antsy, and soon, his heartbeat raced faster than he expected.

Ariana looks down, feeling quite defeated and stupid, "It's difficult to keep up when everyone wants you." She monotonously says.

As Harry was about to speak, her courage suddenly peaked. Her index finger quickly shut his lips, making his green eyes go wide for a bit.

"Every girl and boy here would die to feel your touch." She speaks gradually, looking at him deeply in his eyes.

Her hands went up to his black tie, "Look at you." She rasps, "Who wouldn't want to love you and be loved by you?" She says, her fingers slowly undoing his tie,

"Every long, cold night?" Ariana steadily whispers.

"Ariana, you're going to make me-" Harry tries to speak.

"Shush," She places a finger on his lips again, "I'm not done yet."

In just a matter of twinkling lights, Harry found Ariana sitting on his lap with her arms wrapped around his neck.

He gulps, unsure of what to do about his situation right now.

"God, you're so beautiful." Harry rasps, looking at such a bewitching face.

Ariana didn't pay attention to what he said, instead she gently caressed his cheek with her soft hands.

"I don't like that everybody wants you." She intently says, which got Harry off guard.

"I don't like that everyone would die to feel your touch." She continued, her tone starting to sound aggravated.

"Because I must be the only one who gets to keep you and your golden rush."

Harry smiles, "I wouldn't want anyone to keep me except you, my little gold miner." He chuckles, trying to lighten the atmosphere.

"I'm serious, Harry." She sternly said.

His smile faded, "Let's put this to bed and I'll show you I'm serious." Harry smirks.

Ariana suddenly felt a leap in her chest. She tries to keep it all in by rolling her eyes, but her giddy smile was carved so evidently on her face.

Seeing her smiling again caused such a wave in his heart.

"I love you." Harry whispers and took her hand in his.

She quickly looked at him again, and every bit of jealousy, restlessness, and anxiety all melted away. Ariana smiles and cups his cheek with her small hand.

"I love you." Ariana returns.

And as though they were the only people in the room, both heart-shaped, cherry-tinted lips connected with each other as though gravity was inevitably pulling them to each other. Slowly melting into each other's warmth and giving in to each caress felt by their skin, everyone in the room turned their heads to the lovers and thought,

"I have never seen a love as pure as this."