𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 (𝐩𝐭.𝟐)

Word Count: 3,898

(A/N: Listen to Falling by Harry Styles and The Last Time by Taylor Swift and put it on repeat while reading to get the best crying experience.)

--------

"Harry?" She speaks through the phone, checking if he can hear her.

It's been awhile since his name dropped off her lips. It felt so odd, it feels like she's talking to a whole new person, but she can't forget the fact that there were times whe she missed his presence. Being together with someone for almost three years and then suddenly breaking up gave her enough reasons to dream of never loving again.

"Hey, you called back." His familiar voice rang in her ear giving her chills in the back. The sides of her mouth wrinkled up. She swore to never feel like this for him ever again. It was evident that he was smiling through the tone of his voice and that instantly gave her a good feeling to begin with.

"Yeah, it'd be rude if I didn't." She light-heartedly laughs. Harry's ear perked up hearing her laugh once again. It all felt so familiar but so new to the feeling. "Your accent is starting to fade." She teases him, biting her bottom lip as she nervously taps her foot on the floor. "Been spending your time too much in LA huh?"

Ariana moved to New York as soon as they broke up, but Harry never left LA. In fact, sometimes he'd go back to their old apartment. He doesn't know for what reason, but doing it eases up the gruesome feeling he deals with everyday.

"Yeah. I guess you can say that." Harry laughs with her. "I never left y'know."

Silence suddenly struck the both of them, and it isn't the comfortable silence Harry often talked about in his first album. No, this is more like, 'there's no more rightful words I can say to make you feel better' silence.

"Harry.." She mumbles his name, not knowing what to tell him. She closed her eyes to stop herself from crying over the same man that broke her heart. Not this time.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that." Harry apologetically says, "Your love wouldn't appreciate it if he heard me talking to you like that."

Ariana was strucked speechless. Of course he knows. It's all over the news, but the thought of Harry accepting the fact that she's moved on, somehow in some way killed her.

"Congrats by the way! You finally found a man who's going to put you first." Harry perks up trying to mask up his sadness with the happiness of his voice.

"I'm happy for you." He mumbles.

"I hope he treats you much better than I did." Harry lowly says through the phone, expressing his regret on what he had done to the both of them.

"Harry, I'm grateful you're taking all of this well but please, don't do this to yourself." Ariana pleads, her voice starting to breakdown, her walls quickly tumbling down from the very top of the hill.

Harry didn't reply for a minute, he was holding back his tears but it was too evident, she heard him choking on his words trying to gather himself up to let her know that he's doing well and that he's moved on too, but how can you possibly lie to a person who knew the better of you for three years?

"Can we meet? Tomorrow?" Harry asks her, ignoring what she just said. Ariana went back to her house in LA just a month ago so Harry took advantage of this to talk to her.

Ariana felt unsure for awhile, "If that's what you want, sure." She says with a small smile, believing this is what he wanted to hear.

"But do you want to?" He instantly replies, "Because if you don't want to..." He paused for awhile, taking a deep breath, "You don't have to."