Chapter 4

"I've received word that two Akatsuki members are headed this way, they're after you and it is best if we leave. Immediately."

The air turned somber as a dark look crept upon Naruto's face. "Do you know who?" He asked in a blank voice.

"Its Kisame and-" Jiraiya paused, shooting a weary glance at a very confused Sakura, "and Itachi." The sanin let out a relieved sigh upon noticing no change in the girls expression, clearly not knowing the name. The same, however, could not be said for Naruto. He knew exactly who they were, after all Jiraiya did more than just give the boy a little training for the exam.

"Fuck"

"Fuck would be correct." Jiraiya laughed, though there was no humor in his voice. "Sakura, do not mention this to anyone, do you understand?" After the girl nodded, he turned his attention back to his godson. "We need to be gone by nightfall. We will only be about a week, two at the max, then we will be back, with or without her."

"I understand, just give me two hours, there are a few things I need to do first. Where is Gaara?"

"He's in the hospital, after your battle he was pretty injured. He seems to be malnourished, though the nurses are not sure if its from neglect or his body unable to function properly due to the lack of sleep. Some nurses tried to give him an IV drip to help, but when they tried to get close the sand would attack them, even after Gaara had said they could try. Even his siblings couldn't do it, nor the boy himself" Jiraiya responded.

"So the sand doesn't even listen to him? That's weird... I wonder why." 

"Maybe its subconscious?" Sakura questioned, turning three pairs of eyes to her, causing her to continue nervously, "Maybe there is a part of Gaara that's still afraid, even if his conscious mind is willing to accept the help, somewhere deep inside he might still be afraid."

"Yes, that makes sense..." Kakashi said.

"Can I go see him? We should probably talk about what happened." Naruto asked, and with a nod Jiraiya gestured him to follow as Sakura helped him out of the hospital bed.

~~~

A few minutes later, Naruto and Jiraiya stopped outside a door on the other end of the hospital, Sakura and their Sensei having left them near the entrance to do their own thing.

"He's right through there, I'll go gather some things for the trip and meet you by Ichiraku in two hours, if you're late I'm leaving without you." And in a puff of smoke, he was gone.

"Asshole" Naruto mumbled under his breath, before raising his hand and knocking the door hesitantly.

"Come in."

Heya ik its been a while but hey heres a shitty chapter! I have so many ideas for the story but i suck at the actual writing part. God I wish i could draw, then i could make comics and life would be much easier.