Chapter 1

Naruto stood above a heavy breathing Gaara, he did it. He managed to subdue Shukaku. It was all over now... or so Naruto thought.

Sasuke landed with a thud near them, he rested an injured Sakura against a tree, where he could watch her to make sure she remains safe while he finished what Naruto couldn't.

Sakura, with her hand pressed tightly to her bleeding lower abdomen murmured a question directed at the young blonde. "Naruto, how did you..." she was unable to finish her quiet sentence as she was interrupted by a painful cough, but she didn't have to. Both of the other team 7 members knew what she was going to ask. How could Naruto of all people manage to defeat someone that The Sasuke Uchiha could not. After all, Naruto was just a weak idiot. Right?

Without tearing his eyes from Sasuke and Gaara, Naruto responded gently. "Shush now Sakura, save your strength, your going to be just fine, sensei should be here soon."

After hearing Naruto's words, Sasuke swiftly pulled out a kunai and walked towards the barely conscious red head. "Let's finish our mission then" he said with an evil sneer, at his words Naruto felt his blood boil. In a flash he was between Sasuke and Gaara, a harsh grip around Sasuke's wrist.

"What the hell do you think you are doing" Naruto almost growled out through gritted teeth.

"What does it look like I'm doing idiot" the raven haired boy spat out the insult to the blonde, keeping his cold glare on the red head. "I'm finishing the mission" Sasuke tried to snatch his arm from Naruto's grip, his anger only increasing when he couldn't break through the younger boy's strength.

"Enough. The mission is complete he is no longer a threat." Naruto responded.

"Says who huh, any second he could flip out again and try to kill us." He quickly shifted his glare to Naruto before looking back to Gaara. "He is a demon, a monster and he can not be trusted. He must die."

Naruto let out a low, furious growl at the boy. "That is bull shit" he said, tightening his grip on Sasuke's wrist, making said boy wince slightly in pain. "Gaara is not a demon. He may have a demon inside of him but Gaara is Gaara not Shukaku. They are two completely different beings."

"Shut the hell up dobe, you saw that thing, you fought it so don't try to tell me that it isn't a monster. What the hell do you know."

By this point Naruto was seething with rage, his eyes shone with a blood red fury, his teeth sharpened into fangs, his nails sharpened and elongated into claws, his whisker marks thickened. With one powerful burst, Naruto shoved Sasuke back a good few feet away from the two jinchuriki, he would have gone further if he had not hit the thick tree next to Sakura. With a growl, Naruto turned round to face his teen members and got into a low crouching position. "I know a hell of a lot more about it than you do bastard so you better back the fuck off. If you think I'm going to let you get anywhere near him you are a fool."

Sakura let out a loud gasp, shocked by Naruto's appearance and words, while Sasuke's eyes widened slightly in surprise before his typical Uchiha glare replaced itself onto his face.

"Naruto what are you doing?" Sakura said quietly, but due to Naruto's strong hearing he was able to hear words that even Sasuke struggled to make out. The blonde met her gaze and his eyes softened slightly as he looked upon her fragile, bloody form.

"Don't worry Sakura everything's gonna be okay. Gaara won't hurt anyone else." He replied in a soft, reassuring voice.

"You have no way to know for sure" Sasuke once again seethed to the boy.

"I won't let him hurt anyone! Just as I won't let anyone else hurt him!" Naruto's loud words echoed through the forest surrounding the four teens

"You're a damn fool Naruto" Sasuke shouted back, starting to get up from his position on the floor by the tree. "Now move out of the way and let me kill him!"

"No you are the fool Sasuke you know nothing about what Gaara is so don't act like you do!"

"And what you do? Give me a fucking break, just because everyone hates you and calls you a demon does not mean you know about truly being one. You know less than I do you moron." The raven shouted back, only angering the blond more.

"Oh Sasuke you have no clue just how stupid you truly are... If you want to kill him you'll have to kill me first!"

With those words, the Uchiha charged towards the blonde at incredible speed, one that no normal genin would be able to see. Luckily for Naruto, he was no ordinary genin.

"Chidori!"
"Rasengan!"

The two boys prepared to fight, but they were thank fully stopped by a scream begging them to stop. They looked towards Sakura, fury in Sasuke's eyes, sadness in Naruto's. Naruto didn't want to fight them, but he knew that he could never forgive himself if he let them hurt Gaara, the only one who could truly understand him. All three sets of eyes however then widened as a new voice came into mix.

"Why... why are you doing this for me?" Came the rough, confused voice of the sand ninja as he struggled sit up. In a flash Naruto had jumped back to Gaara, standing in front of him with his back facing the red head, and an arm held out protectively.

"Because none of this is your fault. You never asked to become a Jinchūriki of Shukaku, you never asked for the pain and isolation that comes from villagers who forced this burden upon you. You don't deserve such a cruel fate and you sure as hell don't deserve to die" Gaara's eyes widened in both shock and disbelief, how could someone say such kind words to him, especially someone who is technically an enemy.

"What the hell are you talking about, stop with this pointless nonsense. How would you know what he wanted to be, for all you know he could have begged to become a demon like the sick bastard he is. How the hell would you know what it wants!" Sasuke screamed

"No one asks to become a jinchuriki, no one. Not even a revenge obsessed arsehole like you would wish to become a jinchuriki for power." Naruto spat out, his fox features became even more defined as his anger increased into a terrible fury. Sasuke's mouth opened again, undoubtedly to retort something about his revenge and power nonsense, but was cut off by Naruto as he continued talking once again. "I know this because it was something that I never asked for either!" With those words, a thick red chakra cloak surrounded the blonde, ears forming from the chakra and a tail, which quickly multiplied into two, then three, then four.

The two other members of team 7 were frozen in shock and fear at the sight before them, Naruto's words echoing in their heads. Something that I never asked for either... does that mean... is-is he a...

Their thoughts were interrupted as Naruto prepared to charge towards them. Sasuke's knees gave out beneath him, the strong killer intent sending a feeling of dread and sickness through the boy, while Sakura felt as though her heart would drop, she knew that she too would have fell down if she had been standing. We're going to die they both thought, just as something truly unexpected happened.

Gaara had saved them. He used the little amount of strength he has left and pounced onto the boy, successfully knocking him to the ground as he was not expecting the blow from behind. "Naruto! Stop!" He shouted between muffled screams of pain as the powerful tailed beast chakra burned away the layers of skin on his arms which were wrapped securely around the boy. The chakra had burned through his sand armour, unable to be replaced as Gaara had used almost all of his chakra in his own fight against Naruto. Alas, Gaara's shouts fell upon deaf ears as Naruto tried to break free from the boy, before everything had went black. Kakashi had arrived with Jiraiya, who had immediately slapped a slip of paper with a seal onto the unexpecting boy's head, successfully putting him into a deep sleep and suppressing the evil chakra leaking from his skin. 

1445 words. Don't know when the next update will be, didn't really proof read it so if u see any mistakes let me know :) see ya