Chapter 2

As Naruto's consciousness was slowly returning to him, voices were heard echoing through his mind.

"So he's a... Jin- jinchuriki? Is that what he called it?" Sakura questioned.

"He holds the nine tailed demon fox doesn't he?" Responded Sasuke, "When he was fighting Gaara I saw that giant frog-"

"Toad." Interrupted a certain pervy old man, receiving a glare in response.

"Whatever, I saw it turn into the demon just before it grabbed onto what Gaara turned into."

"You're right, 13 years ago, the nine tails attacked on the day Naruto was born. The fourth Hokage sealed him inside of Naruto as he was the only one strong enough to contain the beast." Jiraiya responded, "The nine tails is much stronger than Shukaku. Gaara's seal is very weak and flawed, so he likely loses control often and it is easy for Shukaku to take over. Naruto however, his seal is incredibly strong, created by the strongest of the seal masters of all, meaning that not much of the nine tail's chakra is available, he can only take over when Naruto is incredibly angered. Even so, by combining his own power with the fox's, Naruto was stronger than Shukaku." Jiraiya explained.

"I'm honestly surprised it took him this long to lose control after everything he has been through." Kakashi mumbled, unheard by the two children.

Naruto, after hearing every word managed to move his body, only slightly but still it was enough to gain the attention of those around him.

"Naruto? Can you hear me?" Jiraiya asked, taking hold of Naruto's hand. The blonde blob managed out a low groan in response before his eyes started to flutter open.

With a wince Naruto began to sit himself up with the assistance of his two senseis. "What-" his voice was cut of by a coughing fit, sending pain through his ribs as lungs pressed against them. Sakura quickly rushed over to him with a glass of water, Naruto accepted it with a smile of thanks.

"What happened?" He asked, voice still slightly rough from the strain of coughing so violently. "I remember standing in front of Gaara, trying to keep Sasuke away from him, but then everything goes fuzzy."

"Naruto you... you lost control" upon hearing Jiraiya's words, Naruto began to panic as thoughts rushed through his mind, one much louder than the rest, did I hurt anyone?

"Don't worry Naruto, everything is fine, you didn't hurt anyone, Jiraiya intervened before the cloak could grow too big." Kakashi said after seeing the worry in the boy's eyes.

"Everything is fine?" Sasuke repeated, anger and disbelief thick in his voice, "how the hell is everything fine! He attacked us, over Gaara of all things! So tell me sensei how is that fine." He spat with malice, causing Naruto and Sakura to flinch back in shock and, in Naruto's case, shame.

"I'm sorry Sasuke, Sakura. I am so sorry. I never meant to hurt you." Naruto frantically apologised, his team and senseis are all he has, Naruto didn't want too lose them, he couldn't lose them.

"Sasuke enough. Both of you are okay, you had no need to attack Gaara once Naruto had defeated him." Kakashi sensei scolded.

"Naruto is not at fault in this, he was not in control of himself, and neither was Gaara. Both of them are innocent. In fact if it wasn't for Gaara holding Naruto back, which by the way was incredibly dangerous and caused much of his skin to burn, the two of you could have been seriously hurt. So instead of scolding Naruto you should maybe ask if he is okay, you may not have noticed but he is in the hospital right now." Jiraiya defended, shocking everyone in the room.

Pervy-sage... thank you. Naruto thought, unused to hearing such kind words.

Sasuke on the other had just scoffed. Jiraiya's words made the stoic boy regret what he had said, but if course the stubborn Uchiha pride forbid him from showing it. "I'm leaving." He said while walking towards the door, but just before he left he paused momentarily and said in a low voice, "get up soon dobe."

Hey guys, sorry I know it's been a while but I've just not really been in the mood to write lately. I've started college and A Levels are killing me :( I'll try to start updating more tho.
Lmk if u liked it or if u see any mistakes.

( 693 words)