Chapter 3

With just those four mumbled words from Sasuke, Naruto's smile returned slightly. While he may not show it, Sasuke does care, even if just a little bit. And that thought was enough to bring a smile to the young blonde's face.

The injured blonde's attention was dragged away from the door when he saw a pink blob come towards him out of the corner of his eye. He turned and smiled sheepishly at her, "hey Sakura, I'm-"

"I'm so sorry Naruto." These rushed words shocked the boy, as did the warm hand he felt grabbing his own, he looked down to see that Sakura had grabbed his hand in an attempt at comforting him. "I've always treated you so horribly without even thinking, I'm such an idiot." Tears started to brim in the girl's green eyes, "you have always been so nice to me even with how I treat you, you have always protected me and showed me so much kindness. Kindness which I don't deserve. I'm so sorry." Tears we're now freely flowing from the young girl. "Thank you for always being there for me, I know I don't deserve your forgiveness and that's fine I just want you to know how sor-"

Her ramblings were cut of as two warm arms wrapped around her, she looked up to see Naruto trapping her in a comforting embrace. "You have nothing to apologise for Sakura, if anything I should be the one apologising. I scared you and you could have gotten hurt because of me, I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys before."

"Don't be, I understand why you did what you did and why you didn't tell us, and I'm sure Sasuke does to." She responded, giving the boy a smile before stepping out of the hug when a loud cough interrupted them.

"Anyway, Naruto, now that you're awake you will be leaving for a mission with Jiraiya" Kakashi spoke with his eye smile, "Sakura, you and Sasuke will be staying here with me, so training as usual."

"Where are we going? and why just me?" Naruto asked, shifting his gaze between both of his senseis with a perplexed expression, this time it was Jiraiya who answered.

"We are going to be looking around some of the tourist towns for my old teammate, Tsunade of the Sanin, it would benefit us greatly if we could convince her to come home." He said with a grin.

"I've heard of her, she's a master of healing jutsus, supposedly the best throughout the whole of the five great nations!" Sakura exclaimed, wonder and awe clear in her eyes, however this is not what Naruto was focusing on.

"There's more isn't there? You don't need me to come with you and you've always complained you worked better alone, so tell me pervy-sage. Why are we really going?" The blonde questioned, receiving a light chuckle from Kakashi and a heavy sigh from Jiraiya.

"No keeping anything from you is there brat." He ruffled Naruto's hair, causing the boy to frown up at him, "I've received word that two Akatsuki members are headed this way, they're after you and it is best if we leave. Immediately."

Sorry guys, ik its been a while but hey heres the next chapter

I honestly hate Sakura so much in Naruto so imma make her more like she is in Shippuden but a lil better so she's not as bitchy or annoying cuz she pisses me off too much 😂 sorry if you don't like it but that's what imma do. Also I'm making the chapters shorter so I can hopefully update more