o4.

chapter four

chapter four

     LORELAI HAD first figured out her Audiokinesis a week after she had been claimed by her father.

     It had been a surprise to her. She had been playing around with Lee, sparring as usual, when he'd accidentally nicked her on the elbow. She'd let out a small screech of pain, and next thing she knew, Lee had his hands over his ears, face screwing up into an expression of pain, whilst Lorelai remained standing, not understanding what had happened.

     When they'd managed to settle things down, figure out what the fuck had happened, and went to Chiron, the centaur told her he'd try to get Apollo to help her with her abilities. He himself seemed confused and a little bit surprised, which was a first. Chiron was a bazillion years old. He'd seen everything. Nevertheless, he promised her that he'll get Apollo to help her, but for the time being, she should hide it and suppress it as best as she could so that her powers wouldn't act up randomly.

     Lorelai had been ecstatic. Most of her cabinmates had met their father, but never her. From her group, everybody except herself had met their father multiple times, and they'd always been in high spirits after visiting him. Despite Apollo having a lot of kids compared to most other cabins, he'd always been the more present parent amongst all of the Olympic Gods. So she'd waited patiently, for days, weeks, months, with the only update being that Apollo had been busy ... and it had been a complete year before she had come to the realization that her father wasn't busy, he just did not care about her.

     That sucked. She didn't like being ignored or being kept out of things. She had tried everything — going to Mr D, talking to her friends, asking her friends about their dad, asking them to convince him to visit her ... Nothing worked. Eventually, she'd stopped trying altogether, accepting reality for once in her life, and decided to focus on controlling her light powers, which she and every other Apollo kid inherited. For some reason, it seemed that no matter how hard she trained and practised her skills, she couldn't control them completely. They'd show up when it suited them. It made her madder than anything else, and she was constantly frustrated and angry and upset. All her half-siblings could control them properly, except for her.

     She wanted to be perfect for her dad, and she felt like she was letting him down. She wanted to find solace in her mother, but, well ... there was nothing to talk about when the lady wasn't around anyway. Her mother is an actress, so she spent most of Lorelai's childhood plopping her in Camp Half-Blood and leaving her alone, and even though she tried hard to keep in contact, she simply couldn't anymore. Her mom hadn't wanted to have children anyway, and when she'd conceived Lorelai, she'd been thrust out to the public eye almost immediately.