o3.

chapter three

chapter three

     LORELAI WOULD not recommend shadow travel to the ordinary person in the following cases;

     i. you're a pussy
     ii. you dislike the dark
     iii. you're a human being (half or not)
     iv. the person who's shadow travelling you is the (now) ex of your dead brother
     v. you're a pussy (has she already said that?)

     Sadly, Lorelai checks all of these things, so you can bet she's fucking terrified when Aurelia vanishes from her side and the world spins around, spinning with her until all there is left are darkness and stars and moonlight dancing across the ground. Her heart hammers in her chest with fear at the darkness that surrounds her, a sudden pressure pushing into her sides, making her feel like she's breathing too fast, but the sensation doesn't last long before she realizes she's falling, plummeting through space as if her soul has left her body. And then she falls straight into concrete.

     "Fuck!" she screams, but it comes out as a gasp, and the sound echoes down until she hears another scream followed by a loud thump. She looks up, eyes frantically searching for whoever had made the noise, and sees Aurelia crouched on the ground, groaning softly, a small pool of red falling to her fingers, blood dripping from a cut on her forehead. "Aurelia!"

     "I'm fine!" Aurelia calls out, although she looks nothing of the sort. Her voice sounds strained; her face pale. Her hair is matted with dust and she looks completely exhausted. Lorelai rushes to her, kneeling beside the girl as her mind goes into overdrive.

     Come on Lorelai, you fucker, you're a healer. Heal or something.

     Lorelai quickly cups the wound on her forehead before closing her eyes, concentrating hard to make an orb of light appear in her hand. It takes some time, but once she feels confident enough, she opens her eyes and presses her palm against the cut. It glows brightly for a second before disappearing without a trace.

     "Thank you," Aurelia says with a weak smile. Her breathing is still laboured, but that might just be the shock of landing in a different land after shadow travelling. "That's — that's great. Thank you."

     Lorelai gives her a watery half-grin and nods, then pulls out a baggie with ambrosia that Will always tells her to keep with her. "Have some, you fucking idiot."