o8.

chapter eight

chapter eight

     IT'S ABSOLUTELY wonderful having a giant carry you down a tunnel, as opposed to all the walking you did earlier.

     Like, okay, maybe they're in danger and will probably be killed, but also, free fuckin' ride! Lorelai likes to see the positive in all things, she's the child of the sun god for a reason.

     (Also, something about Lorelai being "difficult" and punching an iracaenae's eyes out, but whatever. Unnecessary details.)

     Lorelai's eyes squint at the bronze doors that they're apparently heading towards, from where she can sense light, whilst she's still being carried by the giant. From behind them comes a muffled roar, like a crowd.

     "Oh, yessssss," says the snake woman next to Lorelai. "You'll be very popular with our hossssst."

     "Who's your host?" asks Percy.

     "Oh, you'll sssssee. You'll get along famousssly. He'ssss your brother, after all."

     "My what?"

     Tyson? Lorelai is quick to think, but then she shakes her head at that thought. Tyson would never.

     The giant pushes past them and opened the doors. He picks up the three girls by their shirts and says, "You stay here."

     Kelli laugs, claws still around Rachel's neck. "Go on, Percy. Entertain us. We'll wait here with your friends to make sure you behave."

     Percy looks at the girls. "I'm sorry. I'll get you out of this."

     Rachel nods. "That would be nice."

🌞🌞

     ... AND THIRTY minutes later, they've escaped from the pankration after an epic battle, taking a kid called Ethan Nakamura along with them, only for the absolute dumbass to run off the labyrinth by himself, talking something about Mercy has no place in this war or something. Lorelai doesn't know. She hadn't been paying attention to the emo kid.

     (And where are the details of this epic battle and this Ethan kid, you say? Well, Lorelai's fucking tired, and that part's boring. Sue her.)