20. Departed

Y/N stared at her phone screen. Though she hesitated a great deal, she picked it up on the fifth ring.

All Kay could hear were sobs. It broke his heart. This was the first time he had come to witness her like that.

Jeez no. He didn't know how exactly would he be able to take it. It scared him how one slip of a sentence could do a heavy damage and he sure as hell couldn't afford any damage...not with her.

"Hey bub. See, I'm here...I'm talking to you..you ain't alone. If you were with me right now, I would give you a big fat hug and treat you with so many chocolates and chips and bevera-"

"And ice cream!" she exclaimed, almost excitedly, still trying to control her cries.

Kay was relieved to know that some random talk is able to take her mind off of the anxiety. The way she had just chimed in, it ached his heart with how this adorable kid was struggling so much on her own. "Damn yessss! We could get ice cream! And you know, I think you'd really like Kimchi fried rice and black bean noodles!"

"Oh you know I'm so excited about the ramen and ice cream in Korea. I've seen people talking so much about ramen in mukbangs! And that corn shaped ice cream...I've seen that one in a BuzzFeed video and some people in the comments said it was a total bop! Have you ever had it?"

"Yep I have but there are better options honestly. It's just that the whole corn shape and stuff looks quirky. It's taste is ok-ish I guess. And the ramen, there are so many kinds. I really like ramen! I could eat like six cups of it in one go." He said, chuckling.

"Damn... you're a Mammoth. My mum would beat my ass and throw me outta the house if I eat so much junk. Anyways, where do you live in Korea?" she casually asked. Y/N didn't yet realize how stable she had become just from a few minutes talk.

"I'm from Busan but I live in Seoul. I can tell you'd enjoy here a whole damn. There are many shallow waterfalls that you like, around the rural areas just on the outskirts of Seoul."

"Knowing myself, I just hope I don't manage to drown even in the knee deep water", she said with a straight face and stable voice.

Kay chuckled on how she was actually serious about it, "Oh shortie, I won't let you kill yourself just like that!"

.

They didn't realize that they had been talking for hours now. Her mind completely got rid of the anxiety and she talked as if she had been reunited with an old friend. Both a good and bad trait about Y/N was that the girl talked a LOT. She could go on talking for hours if situations permit and the other person is interesting to her.

Suddenly, Y/N' s attention went to the faint sounds downstairs. Her Mum was awake. She paused mid sentence to check the time. Through the curtains of the window, she could make out the faint morning light subtly peeking in, illuminating the room in a soft grey, the one she absolutely loved.

"Shit! Kay we've been talking for more than three hours. Like I know I'm too awesome a person to resist talking to and people be selling their tits off to talk to me, but bruh...more than three whole hours!" , she dramatically exclaimed, emphasising more on her self appreciation.

"Or you could gladly thank me for bearing with your dramatic self for more than three whole hours. Just FYI, Y/N, an etiquette called gratefulness exists and oh my genius self, you could even use it!", he said, equally dramatic.

Y/N huffed, "Huh, thy impotent arse does not hold worthy.", she said, casually going all Shakespeare mode."Now I'mma hang up or my Mum is gonna whoop my ass. Byeeeeeee!"

That extended bye, just like how he had imagined, only better. "Yea kiddo, I accept payment in food. Make it alive to Korea. Also, don't accept candies from strangers while on flight. I totally expect you to do just that." He almost laughed.