Chapter One Part One

Grosvenor Square, 1813
Dearest Readers,
The time has come to place our bets,
For the upcoming social season.
Consider the household of the Baron Featherington.
Three misses foisted upon the marriage market like sorrowful does by their tasteless...
Tighter...
....tactless Mother.

'Tighter!' Lady Featherington shouted at the maid.

'Is she to breathe mama?' The youngest Featherington asked worrying for her older sisters health.

'I was able to squeeze my waist into the size of an orange and a half when I was prudence's age. Your sister shall do the same' Lady Featherington said while telling the maid to tighten it even more.

Far better odds might exist,
In the household of the widowed viscountess Bridgerton.
A shockingly prolific family,
Noted for its bounty of perfectly handsome sons and perfectly beautiful daughters.

'I am already roasting' Eloise commented after been forced to get all dressed up.

'Are you to complain the entire day, Eloise?' Francesca asked her older sister.

'Surely I cannot be expected to bear these fashions the entire day?' Eloise looked worriedly between her sisters.

'I feel like a princess. Do I look like one?' The youngest daughter of the Bridgertons commented before twirling around.

'Do you truly wish to know what I think you look like?' Eloise asked.

'On your left!' A young boy come sprinting downstairs.

'Oh Gregory!' The sisters shouted before the youngest girl chased after him.

The Bridgertons sons appeared at the bottom of the stairs looking at their sisters.

'Is our dear sisters still not ready?' Bendict asked.

'Oh they have only been readying themselves the entire night' Francesca grinned walking towards them.

'You mean there entire life's?' Eloise butted in.

'I shall run upstairs and hasten them along' Colin quickly intercepted before an argument started.

'Colin, wait. I'll do it' Bendict shouted running in front of his younger brother.

'Emilia and Daphne like me better than you, Benedict' Colin said.

'Did she say that?' Benedict stopped looking hurt.

'Everyone says that, oh look Daphne is here. Just for Emilia now' Colin says.

Eloise was sick of them arguing over who would go fetch her twin sister.
So she took matters into her own hands.

'EMILIA'
'YOU MUST MAKE HASTE!' Eloise then turned around and smiled.
'Should you think she heard me?' She quickly asked.

Her brothers shrugged there arms before grinning as there sister had in fact heard her twin, and was walking quite fast down the stairs not to upset her even more.

How very perfect indeed!

Both Bridgerton and Featherington had lived opposite each other for decades. So naturally when they both came out of there houses they eyed down the competition for this years season. Throwing friendly smiles each other knowing neither of them meant it.

'Stop it' Haycinth shouted at her younger brother, as they were pushing each other about.

'If you don't hurry up, we're going to be late!' He replied before running towards the horse and carriage.

The youngest Featherington, Penelope spotted her best friend Eloise and gave her a big smile and wave before carrying on towards there ride.

All the Bridgerton siblings were sitting in the carriage when Emilia got to the top of the stairs near her door and the maid picked her dress and walked behind her while she headed towards them.

'Any sign of him yet?' Their mother asked Benedict.
'Should your brother wish to be obeyed as Lord Bridgerton, he must act as Lord Bridgerton' She quickly added.
'Where is he Benedict?'

'I do not know' Benedict answered.

'Hmm' Their mother replied before getting into the carriage.

Anthony was let's say busy, or somehow occupied. He was stuck in, well someone.

He quickly checked the time before finishing up and heading to the event in which he was late for.

Daphne looked out of the window of the carriage with a big smile before turning to Emilia and pointing for her to look.
Emilia was astonished, she had always lived a great and luxurious life but nothing compared to this.

Today is a most important day,
And for some a terrifying one,
For today is the day
London's marriage-minded misses are presented to Her majesty the Queen.