True Killers

I move the cot over so Trevor and Xavier can safely place Chet on it. They stumble in and lay him down while I place a pillow behind his head.

"You're okay," I whisper as I lay his head on the pillow softly.

Trevor goes through the cabinets near him and pulls out a small pair of metal scissors, "Here. Cut them open. Here."

I take the scissors from him and begin to cut open Chet's shirt.

"I don't feel so good. Is this what dying feels like?" Chet coughs as I cut open his shirt.

I pull back the fabric and his large wound comes into view. We all groan in disgust as Trevor hands Xavier the gauze.

"You're gonna be okay. Trevor knows what he's doing," Xavier tries to comfort Chet as he looks over at Trevor.

Chet breathes heavily and I rub my face in worry for what else could happen tonight. All of a sudden, Chet goes silent and his face falls to the side as if he's passed out.

"Oh, shit," Xavier looks at Chet's face in worry.

"Chet. Chet. Chet," I smack his face lightly with my small cold hands, hoping he'll come back to us.

"God, he's lost a lot of blood," Trevor comments.

"He's dead," Xavier and I shout at the same time.

Trevor places his fingers to the side of his neck and looks back up at us, "Not quite."

He starts opening drawers in search of something and Xavier and I watch in confusion. As Xavier and I look back down at Chet, Trevor's hand starts coming down quickly from the corner of our eyes.

"Whoa! Whoa! What are you doing?" I shout.

"It's epinephrine for, like, peanut allergies and shit. It's like pure adrenaline," He explains, pointing towards the needle in his hand.

"You sure it's gonna work?" Xavier asks.

"It's not gonna make him worse."

Xavier looks at me and I nod, signaling that it was okay to continue.

Trevor exhales before he slams the needle into Chet's chest. We sit in silence as the needle sits in Chet's chest, but nothing happens.

"It didn't work," Xavier mumbles.

All of a sudden, Chet shoots up, gasping loudly, scaring the shit out of the three of us beside him.

I scream and grab onto Xavier as he stands up, pulling me up with him. Blood shoots out of Chet's wound as he sits up on the cot, gasping for air.

"What just happened?" Chet pants while gripping the needle in his chest, ripping it out with ease, "Feels like my heart's beating out of my chest."

Chet groans and begins to lay back down on the cot with the help of Xavier and I.

"At least it's beating. Oh, God," Trevor breathes.

"We need Ray and Montana to get here with the cops now," I panic slightly.

"Ray's a choad, Saylor. He left me to die," Chet cries, grabbing my hand, "The cops are looking for him. He told me he killed someone in college."

"I thought making porn was bad," Xavier mumbles to me.

"What?" Trevor and Chet look up at him in confusion.

"Nothing," Xavier shakes his head, acting as if he didn't say anything.

"Oh, my God! Porn! Blake! The guy with the spike through his eye! He drove here in his Cadillac. The keys are still in the car. It's parked right by the showers. We have a way out!" I shout as I remember my short kidnapping in the strange man's car.