thirteen || basic tips for beginners

Hello!

Hello!

I'll now try to update as much as I can tp fit in my schedule (once every two weeks maybe? Once a week if I'm free, and a month if I'm having a breakdown)

I have to do bio after this, do my little exercise routine to lose some weight at eight p.m., while my physics and math homework can wait. And oh god exams are coming in just another seven days 👁👄👁.

Ugh, ignore my sad life, here we go.

----- - --- (❁´◡'❁) --- - -----

1. The bigger picture

While you're making your cover, try to frequently zoom out to see the bigger picture

While you're making your cover, try to frequently zoom out to see the bigger picture. Because that's the result people will see when you're done. You can also look for mistakes, figure out your next move, and see if your cover lacks something or too crowded.

2. Wait for a few hours

After you've just made your cover, wait for an hour or two to rest your mind and eyes before you release it. The reason is that during the process, your brain is familiarizing with the cover, and won't really pay attention to minor details.

Once you've rechecked it, your brain is now refreshed and you can make sure if your cover doesn't have any flaws or mistakes!

3. Ask for advice

I love asking my friends what they think of my edits. Even though I think they already look good, it might look meh to other people. Similar to point 2, you are already familiar to your work so you feel like it's already good, meanwhile others had just seen it for the first time and their thoughts are more authentic.

Remember that criticisms, insults, and fake compliments are different, so try to ask someone that is really honest about everything. You can tag me in your works and I'll let you know what I love and some things you can do to improve!