Chapter 2: Meeting the Genin

The next morning, Naruto went for the Hokage tower, expecting to get the specifics of the assignment he would get. He was a little bummed since for quite a time he would not be on active service. The action of the regular missions would be missed, but it will be a nice escape from the assassination and risk of the normal missions.

As he arrived at the Hokage office, the secretary momentarily glared at him before reluctantly letting him into the office. The Hokage was facing his worse enemy, paperwork. The Hokage grumbled as he continued to work on the piling paperwork.

Naruto coughed and Hiruzen looked up, he smiled.

"Ah, Naruto- kun. How are you this fine morning."

"I'm doing okay, Hokage-sama"

Naruto frowned, questioning slightly how this is the god of shinobi.

Hiruszen reached over towards a scroll on his desk. The scroll has an A-rank mark on it. Naruto received the scroll with gratitude. He was about to leave when the Hokage stopped him.

"Naruto....take it easy for this mission will you?"

Naruto stared in confusion but nodded either way.

He began leaping towards the academy, speeding up as he went. Though shunshin would be faster, he liked the wind and exhilaration of it. He wondered what the proclaimed "last Uchiha" was like. He landed in front of the academy waiting for Kakashi, knowing that he would arrive late. After 20 minutes passed, he sighed.

Oh well, he would drag him by the ear if he had to.

.

.

.

Sasuke Uchiha was a proud pre-genin, though he still felt the trauma and hatred for his once beloved brother, he was not arrogant to think that he was the best. After all, his brother was already anbu at his age while he was still genin.

He sat idly while his "fangirls" screamed at anything he did, honestly, the disgrace of shinobi.

Iruka walked in. "Everyone please quiet down!"

Sasuke zoned out as Iruka began calling out the teams, he assumed he would be stuck with the kunoichi of the year and the dead-last of his class.

"....no...Team 7, Sasuke uchiha, Sakura Haruno..."

Which caused the said girl to squeal.

"...and Uzumaki Naruto"

Uzumaki? An unknown name? How interesting.

Sakura raised her hand, "Eto...Iruka-sensei? Who is Uzumaki Naruto?"

"Uzumaki-san is a genin from a previous team that has been put into the roster, he is now to come to your team!"

Sasuke didn't care for this person, if it's some other genin who is transferred..they must have been weak no?

He then sat patiently waiting for his sensei.

2 hours later -

Sasuke woke up hearing yelling from outside the door. Everyone was gone from the room and sakura seems to be asleep as well, much too close to him. He moved away from her and continued to listen to the bickering from the outside.

.

.

.

Naruto pulled Kakashi by the ear as they approached the genins classroom.