Two

I have no song for this chapter. Help. Also, the cover is trippy and suddenly switched to this random picture, ugh.
____________________________
"I'm going out for a walk, okay, Dawn?" May said absentmindedly as she fiddled with the edge of her faded denim skirt.

Dawn nodded. "Do you want me to come with you?" She asked, tying her navy blue hair into a high ponytail at the dresser.

"No, you have your date with Paul, I wouldn't want to mess that up for you." May quickly declined as she hastily got up from her seat. "Could you just tell Brendan I'll see him later tonight?" She added.

"Kay then, bye!" Dawn waved at her as May walked out of the room that they shared.
-------------
She walked aimlessly in the park, lost in thoughts, barely noticing the tranquil scenery.

She thought that the wounds Drew had left her with had been sealed by Brendan's love and support. But now, the scars had been ripped open, painful and fresh as ever.

A memory flashed in her mind, for just a fleeting moment.

Their bodies were pressed against each other's, his lips on hers. Her hands were in his hair, and one of his hands was on her cheek, the other on her waist. He had initiated it, and though they were in plain view of passers-by, she hardly minded-

"Ow!" May was jolted back into reality as she collided with someone, falling to the dusty ground.

"Well, look who it is. Miss Clumsy herself." A voice full of contempt, one that she had dreaded to hear.

"D-drew!" She stuttered.

"Why, surprised to see me?" The contemptuous tone in his voice had not faded. His hand reached out to pull her up.

May eyed the outstretched hand warily.

"Come on, I don't bite." He chuckled, cracking a smile. Only then did May reluctantly allow him to pull her up.

Immediately, her expression twisted into one of immense hatred. "What are you doing here, Drew Hayden?" Her voice was hostile.

"Same to you. What are you doing, wandering around like a lost puppy, bumping into random people?" He threw back the question at her. Just like old times.

"Well, I-I... I was just... thinking..." She trailed off, a little unsure of what exactly to say.

"An airhead like you, thinking? When Tepigs fly!" Drew smirked, flicking his hair.

A growl rose at the bottom of her throat. God. He was getting on her nerves.

"Anyway, where's your girlfriend, Drew? Shouldn't you be paying more attention to her than wandering in the park as well?" May sneered, pleased that she was able to come up with a decent comeback.

"Oh, ? She's shopping. 'Girl stuff', she says. Won't let me accompany her." He waved his hand dismissively.

May caught herself giggling, then abruptly stopped and scolded herself. Her? Laughing at one of Drew's jokes? She was meant to forget him, not befriend him.

Bad May! You're supposed to try to hate him! Not laugh at his jokes!

"W-well, anyway, I'm going back to the hotel. It's getting late." Indeed, pink and purple streaks already were stretched across the darkening sky, the sun glowing a brilliant orange-yellow as it descended. A memory flashed in her mind- Drew and her, watching the beautiful sunset over the futuristic city of LaRousse- before she pushed it away. Too painful. A painful memory of something already lost, it's ashes scattered in the wind long ago.

She pivoted on her heel, turning to leave.

"Wait, May!" Her eyebrows raised questioningly as she turned around again, searching his emerald green eyes. What could he possibly want?

"Do you want to get some coffee? At the cafe near Jubilife Hotel?" His voice had a pleading tinge to it, or perhaps it was just a figment of May's imagination.

"Okay..." She replied even before she could stop herself. What was she thinking?!

"Eleven o'clock?" He continued.

She nodded dumbly.

His emerald eyes flashed with relief just for a moment, before they turned expressionless. He was an master at hiding his emotions, after all. She had learned that about him long ago, and was surprised she still remembered.

Maybe he wasn't over her like she thought after all.