Prologue

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon.
Please note, this is an AU. Pokemon do no exist. P.S. I'll update this story every Friday, my local time. If I get ten votes for a chapter before a week passes, expect an earlier update for a reward:) There will also be a suggested playlist of songs to play almost every chapter! (Spotify time lol) Songs are optional but adds to the feels of each chapter :3 would really appreciate if you added some of your own songs as well :)
lol that edit is by me hahaha^^
oOfabulousrosesOo
---------------------
Chapter Playlist: Hush Hush by Avril Lavigne
--------------------
It's the most maddening, beautiful, magical, horrible, painful, wonderful, joyous thing in the world, love.

-Taylor Swift
--------------------
Thunder rumbled ominously in the distance as dark clouds obscured the stars and moon from view, blotting out the scarce light that they provided.

"Who was that girl I saw with you the other day, huh?" May Maple yelled at her boyfriend, Drew Hayden. Her words echoed on the empty streets of LaRousse City, where they both stayed. It was pitch dark save for the street lamps that cast an eerie glow along the sidewalks which stopped moving late at night.

"Ling? She's just a friend." Drew dismissed with a nonchalant shrug.

"Oh? Then why did I see you two kissing last week, huh?" May shouted, jabbing her finger against Drew's chest. The street lamps enlarged their shadows, their silhouettes crystal clear against the sidewalks.

"I don't know what you're talking about!" He protested hotly, but one look in his emerald eyes told May otherwise.

"Drew Hayden, how dare you lie to me!" Her voice raised several decibels louder than it already was, echoing against the ashpalt, echoing through the sleeping city. It cracked just the slightest bit, the only sign of her fragility.

He exploded suddenly, emerald eyes glinting with unmasked fury. "If you don't trust me, then why don't you just leave!"

There was a silence so deafening, it echoed in her ears.

"Are you breaking up with me?" She asked, voice suddenly deadly cold. Her fists were clenched and shaking at her sides. She bit her tongue so hard until she tasted the bitter, coppery taste of her own blood.

"Yes." He said, voice flat. Rage flickered behind his green eyes, his mouth pressed into a hard line.

"Fine then! I'll never have to see you again, because my family and I are moving away from here forever!" She screamed, sapphire orbs suddenly ablaze with anger. Inside, she was crumbling, as she felt her heart begin to shatter, just like what she had heard someone say when she began to date Drew. Of course she hadn't listened.

He may seem like a Prince Charming now, but mark my words, he'll break your heart, and walk all over the pieces.

She felt tears prick her eyes and wished she had.

"Good riddance, then!" He said, voice devoid of emotion.

Lightning illuminated the dark sky for a moment before thunder roared ferociously once again.

The harsh words exchanged lingered in the air for a long time, long after the two silhouettes parted, long after big, globule raindrops started falling from the blackened sky.

________________________

So go on, live your life
So go on, say goodbye
So many questions but I don't ask why
Maybe someday but not tonight
Hush, hush now
________________________