03

a few weeks later, ava was sitting at her computer, in a call with george, she was helping him with trying to figure out what to stream tonight. "what about that one game you used to play," ava suggests, trying to think of the name. she gasps, as it comes to mind "speedrunners!" george lets out a hum in response, thinking it over

"would you wanna come on?" he asks, hoping she'd say yes. sapnap had asked if she could. and he wanted her to meet karl and quackity, they would get on nicely. "maybe next time, i don't think that's such a good idea." 

george sighed as he got everything ready for his stream. he knew why she didn't want to, but dream wouldn't even be there!

regardless, he agreed, making sure she was good before he hung up and started the stream. 

ava was of course tuned into the stream. she always was. she had been using her twitch prime on her best friend for ages, and she would not stop anytime soon. she was messaging sapnap throughout the game. he always replied, that was his issue. he was also unaware that she was in fact watching them play. 

so it was decided that she'd make it known to him. 

'watching you lose is hilarious'

the indication that he was typing had left the screen and she had a slight smile on her face. 

- - - - - 

'you're try harding now ;)' 

she giggles slightly to herself, watching him fall back significantly, and eventually losing. sapnap grumbles under his breath, he opens her message, once it's read, he laughs quietly. 

'i dont see you doing any better'  he sends to her, she types, but it stops almost immediately

he lets a smirk grace his lips, knowing he got her there. 

he hears her voice in his ears, and his eyes go wide. "thanks george." she says, "can i go against sap? he thinks he's better than me at this." george laughs at this, knowing how good she really is. "sure, do what you gotta do." 

"if you win, sapnap i'll give you a thousand dollars." now, ava didn't just have one thousand dollars to give away, but she knew she wasn't gonna lose. "lets go!" 

and they do. 

- - - - - - - - - 

"sapnap, you suck." a new voice enters the call. and ava's breath automatically hitches in her throat. she immediately goes silent. not wanting to make him dislike her even more. then, she decided she didn't care. if he didn't like her, that was his problem. she wouldn't avoid him just because he wasn't her biggest fan. 

"sapnap is very good, but ok" she says, smirking. he was thrown off. so far, ava had been reserved, and quiet. he wasn't expecting her to say anything back. 

the stream had ended but they were all still in a call, it was late for a most of them, and well, early for george. they were laughing, while trying not to wake their neighbors at the same time. 

"i have an essay due an hour ago, and i did not do it." ava states suddenly, leaning back in her chair. "oh my god, ava. go do your essay" karl states. they had hit it off once george introduced them, as well as quackity. she knew they were going to be close. 

"only if you stay on call with me cutie, i get lonely" she jokes, pulling up the nearly empty document. "of course lover" karl shoots back, and she could hear the smile on his face. "karl, stop flirting with her. we are right here" alex playfully scolds him, hitting his desk. 

"q, you're just upset it's not you" now, ava didn't know when she got so bold. but it had something to do with these boys. they brought it out in her. because she was usually only this way with george. 

dream sat in silence, not knowing how to engage in the conversation. he didn't know why he didn't like her. it was a gut feeling. and usually, his gut was never wrong. 

- - - - - 

"dude, what's the deal with george's friend. whatever her name is." dream asks sapnap, looking at him as he enters the kitchen. 

"ava?" and when dream nods, sapnap continues. "there's no deal. george thought she'd like us and vice versa." 

oh how he was wrong, dream thought, eyeing the food in the pan. he shakes his head. " i dunno, man." he sighs. 

"don't know about what?" sapnap eyes his best friend with a raised brow. 

"about her, sapnap. i have a feeling and my gut is never wrong." he scoffs, as an afterthought he adds. "except for that one time."

but this time, it would definitely be wrong

- - - - - - 

a/n 

hi guys lol 

short chapter for you bc i had no ideas 

how are you? 

drinking water? taking care of yourself? 

if not then you should

ily 

have a good day

i hate this chapter 

it sucked to write, took me so long and for what. 

but other than that, i'm having fun. this book is fun

screw dream and his 'gut' amirite 

jk 

kinda 

okay bye i'm gonna go do my finals for biology 

ily