10

it was happening today, ava was in her car, driving to meet sapnap. only sapnap. or so she thought.

the three boys were driving to the aquarium, they each were nervous about vastly different, yet the same things. 

george hadn't seen ava in person in over a year, sapnap was worried she wouldn't like him as much in person, which was futile, ava loved him. 

dream was worried, because last night he had nearly confessed how he felt about her. or how he thought he felt. 

it was confusing. 

ava was pulling into the parking lot, she knew that her arrival would happen before sapnap's, so she sat in her car, waiting for him to call her when he was near. 

she glanced down at her outfit once more, adjusting the fishnet tights that were hastily pulled on that morning, and she smoothed down her shirt, tucking it back into her jeans. 

she was in the midst of looking for her chapstick when her phone rings. sapnap. 

"hi, sap. how are you?" 

george and dream were trying to be as quiet as they could, which was nearly not working. 

"hey, ava, i'm like, ten minutes away" 

"okay, i'm gonna go in and get the tickets." 

"ava! i said i was paying for them" 

"i got here first, bye sap!" she hangs up, and walks in to the aquarium. 

- - - - - - - - - 

the person at the front desk watched her walk in, "hello, welcome in, what can i do for you?" they asks, leaning on the counter. "hi," she smiles, "i'd like to get two tickets, my friend should be here soon." 

"coming right up, anything for a pretty girl like you" at this, ava blushes. "thank you," she says, ducking her head. 

unbeknownst to her, the guys had walked in, and were watching this interaction. 

"here you go, beautiful," ava thanks them, paying the needed amount. 

"um, would you maybe like to go out to dinner, sometime?" she freezes, how would she say no. dream saw how visibly uncomfortable she had become, and broke off from george and sapnap, deciding to go and help her. 

a pair of arms slid their way around ava's waist from behind, and a chin rested on her shoulder, she tensed, but immediately relaxed when she heard the voice. "hey, how's it going, sorry i'm late" surely not. it couldn't be him. 

"not a chance" she mumbled under her breath. she goes with it, to save herself from the awkwardness of saying no to this person. 

"going good, babe. i got the tickets" 

"cool, would it be possible to get two more. we have some guests." he directs this to the person at the desk

she pulls away, turning around, and her hand goes over her mouth. it was him. sapnap and george come into her line of vision. george?

she tries to compose herself until they're out of sight of the front desk person. she launched herself at sapnap as soon as they were. 

"oh my god, you asshole. i love you" she mumbles into his chest. his arms tighten around her, and his heart softens. "yeah, i love you too, loser" a small sob leaves her lips, and she pulls away. her eyes find george's and they embrace just as strongly. she's full on crying now. "george, i missed you" he nods, looking at her fondly. "i missed you too, ava" his voice cracks, as he tries not to tear up. 

she then, finally looks to dream. a smile graces her features. and he gives her the biggest smile he could muster. 

"hey, babe" she rolls her eyes, opening her arms for a hug. he pulls her in with a laugh. "look, i'm sorry. i had to do something."

they stay embraced for longer than she was with the other two, which makes sapnap clear his throat, and them pull away, a pink tint on both of their cheeks. 

"ooh, time for fish!" ava exclaims, and they go farther in to the building. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"renovations, my ass, george" ava mumbled, putting another forkful of the food in her mouth. he laughed, "we surprised you, didn't we?"

rolling her eyes, she nods, and looks over at dream, who was already looking at her. they shared a smile before going back to their respective meals.

"god, if you guys keep looking at each other like that i am going to combust" sapnap groans, then throws his arm over ava's shoulder, she looks up at him. "like what?" she asks, knowing full well how she was looking at him. 

"after we're done, wanna go play minecraft?" george questions, finishing off his meal. ava quickly checks the time. it was nearing nine pm. she'd have to leave soon if she wanted to get home before midnight. 

"i would love to, but i gotta get back soon. gotta feed penny and all that" ava says, pushing her plate away, as she was finished. 

"can we come with?" it was george again, he wanted to spend time with her as well. "um, i dunno if that's a good idea. it's a long drive." she trails off, "okay, and i'll drive" 

"george, you can't drive." 

george goes to say something, but is interrupted my dream."i'll drive." 

sapnap looks up finally, "it's my car?" and ava laughs,"if you guys really insist, i guess you could."

"we need clothes and shit, so send me your address" this time it's sapnap who gets cut off. 

"i have her address, i sent her something a while back" dream mutters, and ava smiles at the memory, the roses still sat on her nightstand, and they were flourishing. 

"i only have one bedroom, but the couch pulls out into like a bed thing." she says, hoping they'll figure it out when the time comes. 

"okay, well me and dream can sleep in the living room, and george can stay with you" sapnap says quickly, and dream adds "if you're comfy with that." ava smiles, "yeah that works, i guess." 

"see you at your place then"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

hi <3 

i left a class today in panic bc my teacher said "we have our cameras on" so i'm gonna tell him my camera wasn't working properly, and that i'm sorry for leaving. lmao. 

i strongly dislike this chapter, but it's fine 

i hope you enjoyed.