14

the facetime call had been going on three hours, now. they always found things to talk about. and when they didn't, the silence was always comfortable. 

as of right now, they were talking about ava coming down to orlando to see them again. 

"george leaves next week, so it has to be before then" dream mumbles, rubbing at his eyes. the exhaustion finally catching up to him. 

ava hums in agreement, looking at her calender, finding a day where she didn't have classes. there were about three days she had off in the upcoming week. 

''i can make it down on thursday. i only have two days of classes this week. so i'm free from wednesday to like sunday. whatever works best for you guys." admittedly, ava was supposed to use those days to get all of her things done before the end of the semester, which was her last one. 

she was about to graduate. 

but, seeing her friend from across the ocean was more important to her at this time. and, she worked better under pressure. so it was fitting. 

"how about, you come down on thursday, stay over to friday, and maybe saturday, then make your way back home. also george said he wants you to come to the airport when we drop him off." ava smiles, he makes good plans. 

"yeah, that works. and i'll let him know that i'll be at the airport if that's what he wants." dream sits up, bringing the camera up to his face, ava's breath catches in her throat. she'll never get over how beautiful he is. 

"okay, i should go to bed, and so should you," dream says, being interrupted by a yawn. "okay, i'll see you soon, text me your address. goodnight, dream" 

"goodnight, ava."

- - - - - - - - - - -  

the next day, after all of her classes, and after she runs the errands that were needed, ava sits down at her desk, with her dinner. a youtube video played on her monitor as background noise, and she scrolled through twitter on her phone. 

deciding to give sapnap some shit, because why not. she opened their snapchat conversation. taking a photo of the upper half of her face, she captions it 'i'm feeling like slandering you on twt idk' and off it goes to the recipient. 

some minutes later he replies, the photo is of his keyboard, and it's captioned. 'not if i slander you first' 

and as expected she gets a notification. 

sapnap just tweeted

- - - - - - - - - - - -

after a very heated argument in a twitter thread, sapnap and ava sat in a call together, as they usually did. they had both called one another at the same time, laughing at each other, and their stupid responses. 

"do you think me coming to orlando on thursday would be cool, i already have a hotel booked so it'd be awkward if you said no" ava says, moving the discord call to her phone, and climbing into bed. 

"yeah, dream said you were coming down, i'm excited. i miss you." 

"you seen me like three days ago"

"can i not miss my friend?"

"no" a smile played on her lips, and sapnap groaned, laughing at her. "the hotel isn't that far from your guys' place either, so i'll be able to walk back and forth pretty quickly." 

"cool. i'm really excited, i need someone else other than george and dream. i love them and all but i miss you" 

ava smiled, he really was one of her best friends. "you've said you missed me like nine times in the past five minutes." 

this time it was sapnap who smiled. "because i miss you" 

- - - - - - - - - - - 
thursday

the girl sat in traffic, she had left later than planned, but hopefully her arrival would be adequate. 

connecting her phone's bluetooth to her car, she had a playlist- that dream had sent her - playing, she didn't know lots of the songs, but they were good. 

after a while, one song that she did know started. the first few notes had her eyes widening. 

i stay up late, and i talk to the moon, and i can't stop telling him all about you.

a smile played at the edges of her mouth, this was her favorite song. she felt as though the lyrics really resonated with her. 

wonder if you do the same thing i do

dream sat at his desk, looking for a song to play while he worked, giving up, he pressed shuffle of a random playlist.

a song he was unfamiliar with began playing through his headphones. the lyrics had him frozen. 

these four white walls know more than my friends, they watch me type messages i'll never send

his phone sat open to his and ava's texts, the small paragraph staring up at him. hastily, he picked up the device, and went to delete it. 

his thumb brushes against the send button. the message sends. almost immediately, the tall male locks his phone and chucks it onto his bed. 

"shit, shit, shit" he mumbles, running his hand down his face. that was an entire thing telling her how he felt. 

though he thought it was quite obvious after what happened at the beach. or, at least he thought it was. 

with shaking hands, he exits his chair, and peeks at his phone. 

one unread message. 

his hands shake, and he enters his passcode incorrectly multiple times. when he finally gets it open, it's her. 

'we'll talk when i get there, i'm omw :)' 

he takes a deep breath in order to calm himself down, and send back his own message. 

'okay, don't text and drive' 

the next response comes quickly.

'i'm at a gas station dw pretty boy' 

as it always does, the nickname brought a pink tint to his cheeks, and he scoffs, wondering how one girl could have such an effect on him. 

- - - - - - - - - 

ahaha hey! it's me i'm back. sorry for the lack of update. was feeling a bit unmotivated. and i think this chapter was kinda shit but it's okay!

next chapter is the last one, look out. though it might take me a bit to write so i apologize in advance. 

anyways! make sure to stay hydrated and take care of yourself! you're gorgeous!