|Chapter 4|

The twins had been waiting all day for Percy to get back. Being so, they were the first to see him get back. They snatched the door open and were met with Percy's smile.

"Excuse me. I kinda need to get through." gesturing his head to the cart in front of him. The twins quickly stepped out of the way.

"Go get everyone and don't be loud." Percy instructed sternly. The twins walked up the stairs and gathered the family. They all came down to see Percy standing in the middle of the living room with a cart filled with gifts. They all continued their quiet walk down the stairs. Everyone sat down and remained quiet.

"Ok. I went on an adventure to Diagon Alley today and did some major shopping. I got gifts and school stuff so if everyone would remain quiet, I'll hand it out. Okay?" Everyone nodded back at Percy and waited. He started with the robes and books. Then he started with Quidditch gear for this season. The Weasleys and Harry were ecstatic. Then he started with more personal gifts. Any personal jewelry was handed to them and then came the couple jewelry.

"Who's dating a blonde?" Percy asked bluntly. Ginny and Harry's hands flew up.

"Okay well then better question, who's dating a blonde girl? Waist length hair, blue eyes, um -"

"I am. Her name's Luna." Ginny answered.
"Well then this is for her." Percy handed her the box and waited for heer reaction. Ginny smiled and shut the box closed. She got up and wrapped her arms around Percy. She whispered, "You have no idea how much I've wanted to be able to get her a gift." She moved to sit back down and it was onto the next.

"So I'm assuming that the blonde boy is yours then?" tilting his head towards Harry. Harry simply nodded and caught the box that Percy threw in his direction. Harry set it down wanting to be equally surprised as his significant lover. Percy picks up the last 4 boxes. He looks at the twins and glances between the two.

"I'm assuming George has the boyfriend." George nods and Fred kind of just sits there. Percy hands him the boxes and makes his way over to Hermione. He hands her a box and makes his way to Fred. The confusion on Fred's face is enough to get Percy to explain.

"I know you don't have a girlfriend or a boyfriend but I didn't want you to be the only one who didn't get something so I got us something." Percy hands Fred the tidal wave and slips the moon on his own finger. Fred slips the finger on his ring and looks back up at Percy. A pool of tears well in his eyes, no one had ever done something like for him. Never in a relationship or just a plain friendship, had someone thought so deeply of Fred that wanted to give him something on this magnitude. Every one of his siblings had something from their significant other but he never got one. Percy notices this and goes over to him. He reaches his hand out and pulls Fred to his feet. He starts to walk over to the stairs and pulls Fred behind him. They make it to his room and Percy pulls him into a hug. A couple tears slip down Fred's face and Percy wipes his tears.

"You know it's okay to cry? But what's wrong? Do you not like it because if you don't, that's okay. We can take it back. Or get something else. Bu-"

"Percy, no. I love it."

"Oh, well then why are you crying Freddie?"

"Why did you do this for me?"

"Because I wanted to."

Fred really couldn't understand why Percy was being so nice to him. Maybe it was self doubt or maybe just the truth of his past but the fact haunted him. Fred wasn't as confident as he played himself off. He has problems letting people in and now here came Percy breaking this wall. It was like when Percy was around, Fred had no reason to doubt himself. Percy filled that gap and made him feel whole. A small cry escaped Fred's lips. Percy moved to straddle Fred across his lap and pulled Fred's body closer to him. Fred rested his head on Percy's shoulder and let himself come to terms with it.