The Badger Family

"You guys don't have to come." Badgerclops insisted as Adorabat and Mao Mao got onto the aerocycle with him. Mao Mao was wearing his Lucky Ducky jacket.

"Yes we do!" Adorabat exclaimed as she strapped on her helmet, "We can't let you go alone, what if something happens and you need our help?"

"Adorabat's right." Mao Mao already had his helmet on, and was waiting before he started up the aerocycle, "Whether a monster attacks, or your family does something to upset you, you have us to back you up."

"Thanks guys." The badger smiled gently as he made sure his helmet was secure to his head.

Now that everyone was ready to go, the sheriff revved up the engine, and flew out of the garage. Gerald had called earlier, and told Badgerclops where he and their mom were staying. Using his keen eyes sight, Mao Mao spotted the place as soon as they neared the city. He steered the vehicle in the direction of the hotel building, decelerating as they got closer.

Once they were parked, the sheriff's department dismounted and took of their helmets. With an uneasy feeling knotted up in his stomach, Badgerclops began looking around for his family members. Gerald had said they would be somewhere outside the building.

"B.C!" A cheery voice called from the little cafe across the street from the hotel. The heroes turned to see a badger just a bit smaller than Badgerclops sitting at an outdoor table with an elderly female badger.

"Gerald!" The cyborg trotted over to his step-brother, embracing him with a tight hug. Since they were outsiders to this reunion, Mao Mao and Adorabat stood a small distance from the badgers. The littlest deputy rested on her favorite feline's shoulder.

Gerald had the same brown and white fur color as Badgerclops, yet he somehow looked rounder, and not as strong. Badgerclops may not have had the muscle definition that he first had when Mao Mao met him, but you could still tell how strong the deputy was. The co-hero just didn't feel like he had to express that strength anymore, now that he was one of the good guys. Gerald also wore a dark eggplant colored top-hat, and had brown eyes. His appearance made Adorabat and Mao Mao think of a cheery business man.

The female badger on the other hand, was shockingly small for a badger. She was just an inch or two shorter than Gerald, yet she wasn't near as round. Her dress barely clung to her body. The white parts of her fur were already grey in some areas, and she seemed weak. They sky blue eyes that reflected her sickness was looking at the newcomers who had arrived with her younger son. Though she gave of an appearance that made you think she was in great pain, something about the way she held herself told you that she would fight with every fiber of her being if she had to.

"Badgerclops," The old badger spoke slow and heavily, "please introduce us to your friends. I imagine they feel out of place." Badgerclops and Gerald turned to see Mao Mao and Adorabat standing off to the side. The sheriff waved awkwardly at the sudden attention.

"Oh yeah, guys come here!" The cyborg waved his friends over, smiling to his mom as Adorabat landed on his shoulder, "This little bat here is Adorabat, we're training her to be a hero. This cat her is Mao Mao, and he's-" The badger suddenly stopped mid-sentence, looking down at his boyfriend, then back at his mother. Mao Mao sighed and took the elderly badger's hand, kissing it gently before letting it go.

"Hello ma'am, my name is Mao Mao Mao. I'm your son's boyfriend, and if you have a problem with it, well I don't care. You can just turn around and leave if you're not pleased that I'm the one who makes Badgerclops happy. Now are you going to accept the fact that he's homosexual, or are you going to go back to shunning and criticizing him, which by the way has made him hate himself, and extremely self-conscious?" Mao Mao folded his hands behind his back, and gave the mother a hard stare, much to Badgerclops's horror. Instead of going ballistic like her sons thought she would, she actually began laughing.

"This one's got quite the fighter's spirit in him, I like that!" She wiped tears from her eyes and continued smiling, "Call me Ella son, and don't you worry about me shunning my boy. I came here to make up with him."

"Did you just call me 'son'?" Mao Mao asked.

"I sure did. You are part of the family now." Ella spoke in a cheerful, light tone, "Plus if you two love each other as much as I hope, it won't be long before you two are wearing a set of wedding bands." At Ella's statement, the two lovers blushed the same shade of bright red.

"M-Mom!" Badgerclops covered his face with his paws.

"Badgerclops and Mao Mao are getting married?!" Adorabat screeched, "Why am I only finding out now!?" A few of the Sweetypies turned their heads in the direction of the group, eyebrows raised high above their heads. It was clear they heard what Adorabat said.

"Oh no!" Mao Mao cried between his hands, "This is going to be all over town by tomorrow."

"My bad, children have big ears." Ella chuckled as she looked at the blushing two.

"You okay bro?" Gerald was struggling not to laugh. Badgerclops was holding his ear that Adorabat had yelled into.

"I think I'm half deaf now." The cyborg muttered, his bionic arm gently rubbing his ear.

"Why don't we catch up on everything, since we've got the time?" Gerald suggested as everyone took a seat around the table. A waitress came over and took their breakfast orders, when she left they began talking. Talking about all of the things they've missed in each other's lives.