Drawings

"H-Hey guys, what are you drawing?" The sheriff nervously clutched his cape as he approached Badgerclops and Adorabat, who were drawing at the cyborg's work desk.

"Oh hi Mao Mao!" Adorabat waved a wing clutched a purple crayon, "I'm drawing a purple monster, and Badgerclops is drawing you! It's really good!"

"Oh! Um...it's okay." The older deputy blushed and shut his sketchbook quickly, making sure the cat didn't see.

"Well, I wanna go talk to Mao Mao's family some more! Have fun!" Adorabat flew out of the garage with a smug expression. She winked to the sheriff as she passed. The bat was very sky for a five year old.

"So..." Mao Mao trailed off as he approached the desk. He gazed at his littlest deputy's slightly crude drawings of monsters, the sheriff department, the Valley, and other various things. He stacked them together neatly, making a mental note to put them on the refrigerator later.

"So..." Badgerclops couldn't think of anything to fill the silence either.

"Can I see the drawings you drew of me?" Mao Mao liked seeing Badgerclops's drawings, and the thought of a few sketches of him in their made him a little giddy.

"Y-you wouldn't like them." The deputy didn't meet the bright green eyes of his feline friend.

"Yes I will." The sheriff put his paw over the badger's to try and be reassure him. Badgerclops seemed to think about it for a moment, then pushed the sketchbook towards Mao Mao, even opening it to a certain page.

The cat felt his breath leave him when his eyes fell on the page. There was a detailed drawing of the hero. It was of Mao Mao smiling gently with his paw resting on his sword hilt. His eyes seemed to be starring beyond the world of the page, out at the world beyond. Badgerclops had even managed to get the slight imperfections of the sheriff's gear from battles past.

"It's...amazing." The cyborg's cheeks flared at the compliment, "Can I have it?"

"Really? I mean- of course!" Badgerclops took the sketchbook and cut along the top with a pair of scissors he had in his desk drawer.

"You have to sign it." Mao Mao chuckled as Badgerclops tried to hand it to him. The deputy snickered and did just that. The cat smiled when he was given the signed drawing. He was careful not to crease it.

Mao Mao noticed another page that had been behind the one he now held. From what he could see, it looked like a tail. There was small writing around it, and what appeared to be mathematical equations.

"Hey 'Clops, what's that?" The sheriff gestured to it. Badgerclops quickly closed the book and stuffed it into a desk drawer.

"Nothing! I just wanted to try drawing a tail is all!" The badger tried to brush it off, but he only made himself look more suspicious.

"Okay, well I wanted to ask you something." Mao Mao tried to brush of the obvious cover up.

"What was it?" Badgerclops sat at full attention, hoping to get attention off his sketchbook. Mao Mao suddenly became very uncomfortable, shifting to one foot, then the other.

"Badgerclops, you know that I like you...a lot," the badger nodded along, "and that I'm not very good at feelings."

"Mao Mao, you don't have to strain yourself."

"Yes I do!" The two stared at each other for a moment, the cat blushing like a maniac.

"Badgerclops, what I'm trying to say is," Mao Mao let out a long sigh, "Will you...go on a date with me?"

The deputy now stared at an incredibly red faced cat, trying to make sure he had heard what he thought he heard. Mao Mao just seemed to get redder by the second as Badgerclops continued to stare. This really didn't help the cat's confidence.

"Yes." The cyborg finally answered after what felt like an eternity.

"What?" The sheriff's heart was pounding. If it began beating any harder and it might burst out of his chest.

"I said yes." Badgerclops leaned forward and kissed the cat. It was small, and didn't last long, but it was enough to make the sheriff swoon.

"So dinner tomorrow night? Six o'clock?" The sheriff muttered, still recovering.

"Sure thing Kitten." Badgerclops chuckled, petting the hero's head.