Bathroom

"Mao Mao, please come out." Michiko asked. Promptly after everyone had caught the cat and badger making out, the sheriff had locked himself in the bathroom do to his sheer embarrassment.

"No! I live here now."

"Come on bro," Jade spoke up, "We thought it was kind of cute."

"Jade, not helping!" Minori lightly smacked the back of her sisters head. Shin Mao and Misha were now having a hushed discussion in the kitchen.

"I'm not coming out." Mao Mao's voice cracked as he spoke.

"Hey Adorabat, why don't we go color something?" Badgerclops suggested to the little bat, which nodded and flew to the garage. She didn't like seeing her hero so upset. The cyborg followed, the siblings needed some time alone.

"Speaking about coming out," Mizuki leaned next to the door, "is there something you want to tell us?" It was a long while before anyone spoke. They could hear someone sniffling on the other side of the door, like someone was crying.

"We know we haven't been the best sisters Mao Mao," Minori spoke quietly, "but we're here now. We love you, please talk to us." They were greeted with silence. The sisters had all turned to walk away from the door, until they heard the sound of a doorknob turning, and the creak of a door opening.

Behind the door was Mao Mao. He was still wearing Badgerclops's sweater, and had tears streaming down his face, but he was there. The cat looked up at his sisters, almost in fear, before speaking again.

"I'm bisexual," the sheriff held up a paw to keep from being interupted, "I also love cobbler, hate it when Jade makes any nicknames about my height, my love for Lucky Ducky is a borderline obsession, I read cheesy romance novels, and I'm am pretty much a parent to an incredibly violent, but cute five year old bat." His sisters starred at him expectantly, waiting for something else.

"I also have an incredibly huge crush on the inconsiderate, rude, yet somehow caring, warm, and smart badger downstairs." The sheriff found himself in a giant group hug.

"Now was that so hard?" Michiko asked, caressing the side of her brother's face.

"Yes." Mao Mao wiped his tears on his sleeve, but he was smiling. His sisters really did love him.

"Son." An a strong voice called from the living room. Shin Mao began walking forward, his face still held an unreadable gaze. Misha was behind rubbing her temples, as if they had just had a disagreement.

The sisters moved to protect their brother, but Mao Mao merely pushed them away. If he was going to face his father, he refused to do it like a coward. The sheriff refused to let his dignity be broken any further.

"Father." The two felines stood face to face. They were only two feet apart, but it was as if they were in some kind of standoff.

"I'm proud of you." Mao Mao blinked a few times, making sure he'd heard Shin Mao right.

"What?"

"I'm proud of you. You did something I never had the courage to do, you were true to yourself. It takes some serious guts to be able to face your friends and family the way you just did." Shin Mao smiled at his son, then closed the distance between them, wrapping his son in a hug. Mao Mao tearfully accepted this.

"Thank you, Papa."

"Now I believe you have a badger to talk to." The two parted from their hug. The sheriff nodded and began heading for the stairs, but not before remembering that he was still in the oversized sweater. He then went to get his gear, praying it was clean.