Donnie x Energetic reader

Requested by @storylover12345677

Title: Sixteen seconds, seventeen seconds, eighteen seconds...

(Y/n) was...happy, to say in the least. She was always running around, rivaling Mikey with how much energy she had. She wanted to always be around me, while I worked in my lab as music played gently in the background. Though, when she was around, I didn't play anything; I preferred the sound of her voice anyways.

While there were some times where she did get on my nerves- although it was rare- most of the time, she was the secret love of my life. She didn't realize what had been going on inside my head for the last five months; the fact that I hadn't been talking about April as much. She didn't notice. Mostly because she wasn't as perceptive as I tended to be. She didn't notice what I did about her.

That's why she was so clumsy. She was always dropping or tripping over something. She tried to be careful around my lab, as I'd previously told her to do before, but sometimes, she couldn't help herself. She'd trip over a box or drop a beaker every once in a while; nothing too major. I always helped her clean up and told her it was okay.

Popular to contrary belief with my brothers, I wasn't rude to everyone that stepped foot into my lab. Just them. With others- sometimes even Casey when he'd been bold enough to enter- I was careful and helpful around their presences. But, I had to be exceptionally caring around (y/n) because of her clumsiness. I didn't mind; I'd never mind.

I was brought out of my reverie by a crashing sound. My head jerked over my shoulder as I glanced around for where the loud sound had come from. My eyes suddenly met with the lady of my mind herself, (y/n), as she stared down at the floor with a sad look on her face, her hands clasped behind her back. There was a small beaker on the floor, broken, as a clear liquid spilled out slowly across the dark floor.

I looked up at (y/n) as her face began to scrunch up. She was going to cry. I quickly leapt to my feet and ran over to where she stood, grabbing a role of paper towels on the way. I knelt down and began picking up the glass, wiping the water at the same time. After making sure there were no small shards on the floor, I sighed and stood up, smiling down at the girl in front of me, who was now sniffing sadly.

"(Y/n)? Are you okay?" She kept her head down, nodding slowly as she scuffed her toe against the now-clean floor. "(Y/n?) Why won't you look at me?" She shook her head as her shoulders began to shake, though her hands stayed hidden behind her. Why was she crying? Usually, by now, she'd be back do dancing around and telling me random things about the love of her life; her dog.

"No reason," She sniffed, looking up at me with a watery smile. "I'm okay, I promise." I didn't believe her. Most of the time when people were saying how they were, they said "fine"; even if they were lying. She was saying okay as a form of contentment, but was also secretly hoping I would catch her fall. Well, I did.

"(Y/n), tell me what's wrong. Please. I can't help unless you tell me what's wrong." With that, she sighed slowly and began to bring her hands out in front of her. I had to hold in a gasp when I saw her shaking hands. They were bleeding all over. There were a few drops of blood on the floor behind her, and smeared blood on the back of her t-shirt. It wasn't that much blood in all honesty, but, from my point of view, she needed help. Now.

"It's fine, really. I just need a Band-Aid or two. And to wash my hands." Donnie, ignoring this, turned around and bent down below his desk to retrieve his pocket-sized kit. Opening it, he pulled out a strip of gauze and some alcohol strips.

"Oh, Donnie. You don't have to do all-" Donnie threw his hands down and he sighed in frustration as he strode over to where (y/n was standing still. She was painfully aware of how tall he was compared to her; about a foot taller over her head. It was intimidating as he stared down at her with wide eyes, alcohol and strips in hand.

"(Y/n), please. Just let me help you. If I can't do this one thing then what am I here for? I'm not as good as my brothers at anything, and even if I am smarter than them, they don't consider that an accomplishment. Just, please. I love you way too much to let you just slap a Band-Aid onto your cuts and act like it's okay when it's clearly not! We can talk after, but for now, please just hold still and let me do what I'm good a-" He suddenly froze halfway through cleaning her wounds at the words that he had spoke a few seconds before.

She had heard them, but didn't want to say anything until Donnie had either finished or realized what had happened. Interrupting would just freak him out. Turns out, it didn't matter what she did, as he freaked out anyways.

"Donnie?" She muttered quietly as he suddenly froze, staring down at her hand. To be honest, she, of course, felt the same, but also needed time to figure out her life. She was sixteen and still just as childish as Mikey, who although was the same age, already had the majority of his life planed out.

"Be an awesome ninja and better than Raph." He had told her smugly when she had asked. That was until he had figured out Raph had walked by at that exact moment, hearing his words. Then, suddenly, they were, "Be the worst ninja and serve Raph 'til the end of time!" Still, she knew what he had meant.

"I'm sorry." She looked down at Donnie, who was suddenly on one knee as he looked down at the floor. He was obviously avoiding her eye. He didn't realize how she was looking down at him; as if he were the most precious thing to be introduced to this world. Which, let's be honest, he was one of them.

"For what?" She asked, reaching down to mess with the floppy bits of his mask. Suddenly, he stood up, almost scaring the poor girl. He dropped the alcohol and gauze, taking her hands in his. He was shaking, though he was trying as hard as he could to not hurt the girl's hands as he rubbed them gently with his thumbs.

"For being me. For being a turtle. For confessing that I loved you. Or, do. For about five months, two weeks, four days, seventeen hours, and twelve seconds. Thirteen seconds. Fourteen seconds. Fifteen-" Rolling her eyes playfully, (y/n) stood up on her toes and pressed a kiss to Donnie's plastron.

"Well, I'm sorry for the same. Except, mine's for about four months, three weeks and six days, twenty-two hours, and forty-seven seconds. Forty-eight seconds. Forty-nine- well, you get the idea." Laughing, Donnie grabbed her around the waist and pulled her up into his chest, where they met in the middle.

"And, that's exactly why I love you." He grinned, setting her back down as he ran a hand down her face, pushing some of her hair out of her face. She made a face, puffing out her cheeks as she crossed her eyes.

"Why? Because we're both super time-obsessed?" She laughed, taking his hand in hers as she swung them back and forth.

"No, because you're you." He smiled, leaning down to peck her forehead.

"And, because you are also you; Donatello." Then, leaning down, they kissed again, forgetting for one second that they were both time-obsessed weirdos and one of them had a few cuts on their hands.

Love was love.

Hello, everyone. I had a good day, got into the all-region band in school and then was initiated into a cult when I got home.

Good times.