Plesent return?

"We should hurry, I didn't think it would get dark so quickly." The pair power-walked in the direction where Kyoko's house was said to be, though, they wasted around 10 minutes trying to find the right way to go from where they were and the sky only appeared to be darkening. And so, they continued at a fastened pace being that Kyoko had taken the lead and Makoto trailed not that far behind her. The wind whisped their faces as they made haste.

As they continued their power walk down a dimly lit street path, they also took the time to take in their surroundings, the sound of cars going by, birds chirping as they rest at their nests and the odd murmuring of conversation that comes and goes. Though before the sounds of civilization were nonchalant and at times, even an annoyance, they comforted both of them as they were reminded of the world that they both came back to. 

Whilst they walked along for another 12 or so minutes, the sky had become overcome with darkness and they found themselves navigating according to the street lamps that had now shown their true potential. Kyoko shivered slightly at the cold that had now just decided to settle in, she wasn't quite so used to being out under such conditions, especially in her current attire. Makoto had, of course, caught wind of this, as well as the fact that their breath had now become visible. "Hey, Kiri," He began.

"Hm?" She responded, obviously frustrated as the cold began to sink in. 

"Are you cold?" He asked as he took his side by his friend through the effort of an even quickened pace. Kyoko simple kept her eyes ahead, not paying him any mind as she was determined to go home.

"Is it that obvious?" She grumbled as they continued their walk, still not making eye contact. Suddenly, however, she felt a slight warmth over her upper body and as well as the weight of something over her shoulders. She slowed down, to take notice on what had befallen on them, only to realise that it was Makoto's blazer. He had sacrificed his warmth for the sake of her own. "Naegi, what are you doing?" Though this new warmth felt nice, Kyoko couldn't help but feel too grateful for what he had done. She made an attempt to take the blazer off and return it but, failed in her advancement as Makoto refused it.

"I'll be fine, it not that cold." He claimed, wearing his signature smile. "I've got my hoodie anyway I'll be fi-" Suddenly, Makoto felt a cold sensation on his nose, water-like. It was rain, and it quickly made haste after interrupting Makoto's statement. "Rain?! Just my luck." He expressed, pulling the hood of his hoodie over his head, Kyoko also began to prop the blazer in a way that would shield the hailing raindrops with Makoto's blazer. This only caused the pair to quicken their pace to a further jog, as they made a desperate attempt to getaway.

It wasn't till they had made it a great way across the street, that Makoto had an idea. "How much further to your house?" He asked, having to practically shout for his words to overlap the rain. 

"A few minutes!" Kyoko replied as she kept the blazer over her head, still feeling guilty as Makoto had just his hoodie to shelter him.

"No, I mean, what direction?!" Makoto elaborated.

"It just a ways up at the end of the road, why?!"

Makoto's smile beamed across his face, allowing for Kyoko to see it with a just a mere glance. -What's he plotting?- She wondered, knowing something was off as he changed his posture and began to, run...

"Naegi!" She shouted after him, however, all she go in response was laughter that emanated a sense of freedom.

"I'll race you back!" He said as he continued to run, forcing Kyoko to break for it as well, leaving the only sound to echo in the secluded street to be the clacking and thudding of shoes, as well as the odd laughter thrown in now and then.