Conflicted

The next day came around at its own lengthy pace, Makoto found himself being in and out of sleep from the intense waves of heat he felt through the night, leaving him a sweaty mess. And through all of it, Kyoko didn't dare move from her original resting position, that being facing away from Makoto. He felt a pang in his chest every time he looked at her, after the events of the previous night he felt as though he wasn't as close to her as he initially thought.

Come to think of it, she only ever revealed her hands to him once, and that was during the final class trial where she had to in order to prove she was real, a stupid reason evoked by non-other than Hagekure himself. And she chose to check his temperature with her forehead rather than her own hands, perhaps she didn't trust him?

The very suggestions left him feeling, useless in a way. If she wasn't comfortable around him, then what was it that made him so special? But that was just it, he may have defeated Junko Enoshima but that was about it, it wasn't like he could save anyone from dying, he even let his closest friend die under the promise that they would both make it out alive. Yeah, it's completely understandable, she doesn't want to indulge in him because he's not worthy.

Makoto eventually got up after what felt like 12 agonizing hot hours under the covers only to realise that he had been there for around ten minutes, the time was now 7:12 am. The floor beneath his feet threw him into vertigo from its unfamiliarity, as he tried to bring his head back down to its firm stance he winced at the discomfort.

He eventually sat up when the dizziness passed and trotted towards the door as though the floor were to give way any second. It felt so odd, waking up of your own accord, walking out when you felt like it, not fearing for your life whilst you slept or walked around. It left a certain feeling of deviance on the boy's part.

He eventually made it to the door and placed his hand on the handle, planning to give Kyoko some air for a while in hopes that she would talk to him again when he came back. With his hopes, he took off to... The kitchen.

Kyoko felt the mattress lighten and heard the door close, she was much less concerned with where Makoto had gone and more relieved with the space she was given. She slept somewhat soundly that night, had you not known what she dreamt of that would be what one would assume anyway. Terrors managed to infiltrate her slumber throughout the coarse of the dark, leaving her even more so paranoid then she was before she took to sleep.

However, she didn't dare move, in fear of making contact with Makoto again who she knew lay awake for most of the night, from how his breathing barely managed to even and how his fingers nervously jittered against her own, so she tried her best to get in as much sleep as possible to avoid him.

She woke up at around the same time Makoto left the room, the sound of the door closing being the main catalyst, and decided that perhaps she shouldn't go back to sleep this time around and just lay there instead. She took her exposed arms and brought them under the covers, wrapping herself in a tight cocoon, wondering what she would say to Makoto should he inevitably make it back to the room, she knew that he couldn't just leave her there without saying a word, he always wanted answers or some sort of resolution, it was what drove him this far anyways.

The kitchen wasn't far from the room, so Kyoko was able to her to the very subtle sound of a kettle rumbling, she lay there and basked in the oddly soothing growl before it came to a halt, she heard the clattering of dishes but from that point on there was barely a squeak being emitted, silence. It was soon replaced by the peaceful sound of birds chirping outside to remind others of the arrival of a new day, singing gracefully among their peers to create their own beautiful indistinct harmony.

Kyoko waited patiently for the Naegi's arrival whilst fiddling with her gloves under the warmth of the covers, gently pulling up each finger to reveal the pink and scorched undertones that were revealed around her wrist. -Can I show him, would he think differently of me should I reveal... This? He has seen them before...- She found herself pondering back to the boy, how she felt, her feelings in general, and what stance their friendship would take from this point forward.