Departure

THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER BEARS NO CORRELATION TO THIS ONE (PINS AND NEEDLES)

"Yo! Kirigiri's here!" Yasuhiro exclaimed loudly in excitement, flailing his hands above his head to get her attention. "Hey, Kiri!" He further shouted, like a kid at Disneyland seeing their favorite character for the first time. Kyoko swiftly made her way over in no time at all as she followed the sound of Hiro's bellowing to the group of 3 that had already amassed.

"Hi, Kirigiri!" Asahina was immediately greeted with a large small plastered over her bronze face, Byakuya however appeared to not be near as welcoming with him turning the other way and tutting upon her arrival. He appeared tense somewhat, not to mention that something around him seemed... off. It appeared as though that something was missing. Toko Fukawa wasn't clinging by his side like the usual accessory she was, in fact, she wasn't there at all.

With her absence, one would suspect that the Ultimate Affluent Prodigy would be more relaxed, much less as tense as he were now. "Hello, Hina." Kyoko greeted back with a polite nod. She scanned the group for any other abnormalities besides Toko's absence, out of the habit of course, and in Byakuya's left hand she saw a bag of sorts, with a large apple sign on it. Being as curious as she was, she couldn't help but question its contents.

"What's in the bag?" She asked, having a rough idea as to its contents with the well-known symbol that was plastered on the front of it. And being as aloof as Byakuya was, he simply dismissed her question, still refusing to maintain eye contact with her saying,

"Wait. The others aren't here yet." He was cold in his delivery, almost spitting out that statement. Assuming that Byakuya was merely in a mood today for whatever reason, she let the behavior slide under this notion. However, it was most definitely peculiar how Toko Fukawa was not by his side, where would she go? Where has she gone? Giving the idea that where ever Byakuya went she would follow, her absence was nothing short of strange.

"How much longer do we have to wait for those two? I'm startin' to get tired just standing here." Yasuhiro complained, scratching his head filled with infinite hair. "I get Fukawa, but wherein the hell is Naeggs? He was never late to meetings before." Kyoko sighed at his statement, even more, questions would inevitably arise, and with the events that unfolded with her and the one being questioned about. Byakuya's attention was caught at the sound of her expelling relief after Yasuhiro's inquiry, he caught wind of how she too didn't begin to question Makoto's whereabouts, how she didn't even look anxious in the slightest at wondering where he could be.

"Kirigiri," He began, voice as pompous and overbearing as ever. "Do you have any idea as to where Naegi is, you two are rather close after all?" Knowing how close the two were, it wouldn't be stupid to assume that one would have no clue as to the other's whereabouts. Her head was brought up at the Sound of Byakuya's voice, taking in his account.

"Yeah, didn't you two go off together yesterday?" Asahina added, she too being curious as to what Kyoko's response could be. And so, she opened her mouth to answer, hand to her chin in her regular posture as she unraveled her version of events.

"Naegi, won't be attending today." She admitted in full, everyone curious as to why he wasn't coming, and how Kyoko knew the information of his absence, they stayed visibly attentive, waiting for her to explain further with anxious stares. "He's... Sick. By the way, just so you know, he's staying at my house at the moment."

"The dude's ill? How? He was fine when we left. So much for being the lucky student, unless..." Yasuhiro's voice dropped to that of one that displayed very evident suspicion, eyes narrowing as his brain appeared to be working its limit in order to conjure a theory. "You poisoned him?!" He blurted out, being the idiot that he was, he left no room for a reason as he was quick to take that mere assumption as a fact.