Other Arrangements

"Hey, Kiri." Makoto began, dropping down onto a chair that happened to come from the nearby dining room.

"Hm?" She responded flatly, eyes glued at the task at hand and focused purely on her frivolous advances at trying to find mould on a particular loaf of bread by her choosing.

"My head it's... It hurts." Makoto ran his fingers through the spiky bounds of hair, feeling the cooling of his fingers now growing warmer by the second. Now slumped over in his seating position he let out a suffered moan at his expense, the pain drilling into his skull like a heavy-duty drill.

"You can't get out of this now, we have a little more to go"

"Kyoko, it's not like that." She froze upon the announcement of her name, her first name. Her. First. Name. Slowly, she put down the bread on the counter nearby and turned to face her friend, who was in an obvious state of distress and pain. He had made an attempt to mask the most serious voice he could muster through his depleted state. In full-face, Kyoko flushed a pink, a bright pink, her heading complexion not acting as much assistance upon its arrival.

Upon realising that with his attempt he had made a grave mistake, Makoto's head sprung up as though a volt of electricity shot through him and looked at the girl now approaching him with a look of slight worry evident of her face.
"I-I'm sorry I, I didn't mean to it's-"

"It was just a spur of the moment kind of thing, right? You don't need to apologize." She flatly stated, now crouching down with to become eye level with Makoto. "Where does it hurt?"

Makoto froze up slightly, the distance between then went from around a few feet away, to now being just a mere few centimetres. His face, which also happened to be a particular shade of red, supposedly from his sudden illness. "It's, it's uh... All over, from the front all the way to he back." Demonstrating his words, forming a line from his forehead to the further back of his skull in a pathetic wavy motion granted his depleted state.

Kyoko seized this opportunity to take a further examination of his state, though it were true that her heart rate happened to be beating at ten times the normal pace for reasons unexplainable to the girl, to her, she had no reason as to why she felt so flustered around the boy despite having her emotions supposedly cut off in an attempt to retain that cold persona of hers. - How are you doing this to me?-

After being brought back to reality by Makoto's unforeseen sharp breathing (Being thankful for his eyes being sealed shut and directed toward his feet) she came up with the first thing that came to her apparance. "You're going red, you might be getting a fever." Reaching her conclusion, she further pondered, "But why so suddenly." Makoto let out a hope deprived grunt stemming from his discomfort.

"It just... Happened." He moaned further, his state getting worse at an unrealistic pace.

"I need to take your temperature." Coming to that conclusion, she looked down at her hands, gloves still concealing the horrors that she worked to keep hidden, not wanting anyone to touch them in fear that their scale-like nature would disgust them further -But this is Makoto we're talking about, maybe he won't be as taken aback? And he has seen them after all. But seeing and feeling pose two different outcomes-. Given her anxieties, she made the decision to keep the gloves on and find another conventional way of checking.

"Naegi, lift your head up." Complying with her statement, Makoto lifted his head up to face the girl, who had now appeared to have shifted closer to his seating position.

"Kiri... What are you-" he was immediately cut off by Kyoko moving forward almost instantaneously and connecting her forehead with his, the once red face that he bore growing a deeper shade as his breathing ceased in the moment. Her eyes were closed, she looked somewhat peaceful in those moments as her brow relaxed, and he swore, that in that moment, she saw her cheeks colour as well as a smile ever so small laying on her face.