Chapter 13: Shoto

A/N: Lmao I'm back

I was dragged into an LOV meeting by Touya. I felt like a complete outsider, I wasn't meant to be here. But, Touya insisted I listened. He had a plan.

"What the fuck do you want, Ashtray? I was busy trying to get Protection IV on my armour..." Shigaraki lamented.

Touya rolled his eyes, "No one gives a fuck about Minecraft right now. What we give a fuck about is bringing hero society down."

"What's the plan then, genius?" Shigaraki back talked.

I was also interested to hear what he had in mind, "What are we doing? You made it sound like you had a plan when you forced me to listen in."

Touya nodded, "I have a plan. As far as the rest of Japan is concerned, you're missing." It was true. News reports had been showing up on the Number One Hero's precious son going AWOL. Our father had refused to comment, but Fuyumi and Natsuo were begging for me to come back safe. He clearly hadn't told them that I was willingly staying.

He continued, "We use Toga to make videos of you, proving that you're alive and a kidnappings victim. Meanwhile, we're causing chaos in the streets. You'll disguise yourself, and exclusively use ice. But we can't make it too good. Our dearest family need to recognise you. Japan will be in chaos, and Endeavour won't have the heart to hurt his prized possession. Eventually, we make a ransom deal, money for your safe return. He'll obviously take it. We take Toga, disguised as Shoto. Then, Shoto, you kill him and show the world who you are."

My eyes widened. I was gonna be the one to kill him? Everyone looked over at me, seemingly expecting a response from me. "You really want me to kill him? Don't you want to?"

He smiled, "I'd love to, but it won't have as much meaning. We're showing everyone that you're with us now. On top of that, he won't hurt you. You're his precious prodigy. It has to be you."

It was overwhelming. He was asking too much, especially since I didn't know whether I wanted to be part of the League. But Touya had no clue about that. "I-I need a while to decide. Asking me to commit murder is a lot."

Touya looked like he was about to say something, but I rushed off. I ran into our shared room and grabbed a hoodie. I quickly put it on, pulling the hood over my head to disguise my face and hair. I climbed up and out of the window. I ran, as far as I could. I checked my pocket, and found my phone. I had my dad blocked, but I quickly unblocked him and called his number.

After a few rings, he picked up. "Shoto? Is it you!?" A male voice asked. Not my father. Natsuo.

I sighed, "Yes, it's me. I need to talk to dad."

"Where the fuck are you?", he demanded, " We've been worried sick, Fuyumi and I. Get home right now."

"No. I need to talk to dad," I said as I cut into an alleyway. It was dark and clearly used only for drug addicts to indulge, based on the used needles littering the ground.

He asked, "Why would you want dad of all people?"

I made up a lie on the spot, "I ran away. I need to talk to him about why."

"Come back home. We won't leak to UA or the media that you're here. It'll be easier to talk in person."

"No. Just give dad the phone. Don't tell anyone about this call, it could get someone in trouble. Got it?"

I heard him sigh down the phone. I heard shifting, and my father's voice said in my ear, "Shoto, that was careless. What could be so urgent?"

I took a deep breath in, "Touya wants me to kill you."

His voice took a serious, yet concerned, tone. "Tell me everything."

I explained Touya's plan. He murmured conformation now and again that he followed the plot. "What do I do? I don't know if I can back out."

"We can bust their hideout, and I'll save you." He didn't sound like a hero. He sounded like a concerned father.

"D-Dad, I'm scared." It was the first time I could remember opening up to him about anything. I broke into silent sobs. I leant against the wall and slowly slid down to the ground.

"I can come get you now if you want. I'll make sure you get a security detail, get an estate under an alias for you and your older siblings to stay protected in. Anything to keep you safe." He reassured me.

I nodded, despite him being unable to see me, "Yeah. I'll come home now. Is Fuyumi there?"

"Yes. I can also see about your mother staying with you too. It could be good for her, to get out. It'll also keep her protected."

"Thank you, dad. I-" I was about to say I loved him.

He seemed to understand, and smiled. That was evident by the female voice saying, "Dad, why are you smiling? Has Shoto called!?"

Fuyumi.

"I'll see you soon," he said.

I hung up. I felt sick. It was like the awful feeling you get as a bad event approaches in a book, the dread that everything is going to go wrong.

Someone approached me. I looked up slightly, careful to hide my face. I was met with a ruby red eye. His face was partially obscured by a hood and bluish-grey hair. He quietly chuckled, as if the witness to dramatic irony.

Shigaraki.

"Thought you could rat us out, did you, little hero?" He whispered. His breath was awful, I wanted to throw up. "Well, let's see how good that hero school trained you? I wonder how you'll hold against the leader of an organised crime organisation. I don't think it'll be well, boy."

His hand reached for my face. My breaths were numbered.

I grabbed his wrist and kicked him far enough away to get out of the corner I was previously in. I backed away, preparing to fight back. This wouldn't be easy.