Chapter Twenty-Seven

Scarlett's P.O.V

"You've been ignoring all my texts, and calls. What's going on?" He asks, like he's actually concerned.

I sigh, walking out of the door, closing it-or shall I say slamming it shut. Luke rushes to my side immediately.

"Scarlett" he warns, pulling on my wrist.

"Where we're you yesterday? When you left mine?" I question, even though I already know the answer.

"W-what?"

I shrug, giving him a 'tell me or I'll castrate you, and feed you to a bull' look.

"I was with the boys, I told you" he calmly replies.

Well, he's a good liar. I'll give him that, I guess.

"Now the truth" I demand.

He looks at me, suddenly starting to panic.

"I had a meeting about a job?"

"A making out job? Because she seemed like she was all over them pretty lips of yours" I slightly raise my voice, but not so much that other people can listen to our conversation.

He didn't answer, but looked completely shocked.

I raise my eyebrows waiting for some kind of response.

"It's not like that" he defends.

"Tell me what it is like then, Lukey" I sit on the nearest bench, and cross my legs. He can most probably tell that now isn't the right time to piss me off by lying even more.

"She's my ex-girlfriend" he takes the spot next to me as an invitation to sit down. I shuffle away from him to avoid any part of him touching me.

If he touches me, then I'll feel all these little fireworks inside my body, and i would rather not at this precise moment.

"Scarlett, please" he pleads.

"Did you kiss her back?"

"No, no of course I didn't. Scar, I would never hurt you like that" how many times have I heard that before? I think to myself, twiddling my thumbs.

He moves closer to me, and takes my hand in his.

Oh, there they are.

The fireworks.

"Hey, I love you okay. I'm all yours baby, I promise" he swipes the pad of his thumb across my wet cheek. (From the tears I hadn't realised escaped my eyes, until now.)

"Promise?" I manage to choke out through my sobs.

Great, I promised myself to never cry over a boy again. I am making myself vulnerable and weak, that isn't me. Not anymore.

I'm strong.

I'm confident.

I can't be like this again.

"I promise you, Angel. I promise" he repeated until I had calmed down.

We silently walk back to his house to have some times to ourselves. Nobody else is in, so we go straight upstairs.

He pulls me towards his bed, and drags me down next to him.

"My ex-boyfriend has tried to contact me again" I finally let out.

Luke tenses beside me, but tries not to make it obvious. "Do you want to err, talk about it?" he offers, a small smile forming on his beautiful and perfect face.

I hesitate at first, but finally find myself nodding. I sit opposite him so I can explain properly.

"We were together 9 months. It was perfect, we were happy, in love, If that's what you can call it? I suppose I thought we were anyway. I err, I had a best friend, Ally. She thought I wanted her boyfriend, so I guess she just, stole mine. They slept together, he got her pregnant... He missed our 9 month anniversary for it." I explain the story.

Well, half of it. I'm not ready to tell him the rest yet.

"I am so so sorry Scar. I'll never give you that sort of impression again. I've never really had a real relationship, not like this. I'm still learning, so I'm sorry if I mess up along the way"

I take his hands and softly kiss him.

"I don't deserve you" he whispers.

"I love you"

"I love you" he replies before kissing me again.

"LUKE DUDE" I hear Jai, "YOU POPPED THE L-WORD"

"Fuck off man" Luke flips him off walking to the bathroom.

"Hey Scar. Luke was talking to mum about knowing when you love someone, like a week before the party" Jai shouts purposely so Luke can hear him. Luke suddenly bolts through the door and throws some random things at Jai's head until he leaves their room.

Fine minutes later, Jai takes the risk in coming back in.

He nods, before quickly mumbling "he also cried"

Before he could get another word out of his big mouth, Luke tackles him to the ground with punches in the stomach, arm and legs. Playfully, obviously.

"I warned you, brother" Luke laughs hysterically at his twin on the floor, holding his body in pain.

Before I know it he's shoving me out of his bedroom door, and down the stairs. We decide to sit on the couch with Beau.

"What's up, chick" he winks from beside me.

"Shut up, Beau" I laugh.

Luke tenses beside me, which seems like the 100th time today. So I squeeze his hand to reassure him it's okay.

"Ah, so you're actually together now? As in, together together" Beau asks, even though he can clearly see the answer to his pointless question.

"No shit" Luke replies anyway, full of sarcasm.

"Come on Scar" he demands, obviously his anger issues are taking place right now.

I scoff, following him out of the front door.

"What is your problem? I shout, stopping dead in my tracks.

He turns around and clenches his jaw.

" you don't see it, do you princess"

I stand there awkwardly, with a blank look on my face.

"He wants you."

"And?"

"You're mine"

"Exactly"

(Hey guysss:) there isn't going to be a schedule on when I update anymore, as my wattpad isn't working half of the time, and I just haven't had much inspiration lately. And, I can't really write about something non interesting, and irrelevant, so yeah. I'll try my hardest though. Thank you for getting me to 1.3k reads, I really appreciate it. Lets try get to 1.5k by the time I next update, I'll stop update obviously, it's just a goal. Sorry for any mistakes.)

I'm also doing some of the songs I listen to whilst writing each chapter, which I done at the beginning of the book.

One direction- over again.

5 seconds of summer- Close as strangers.

Miley Cyrus- Ordinary girl.

5 seconds of summer- Lost boy.

Ben Haenow- Something I need.

5 seconds of summer- Good girls.