5。misunderstanding

"Shirabu-san, it hurts. Please be gentler."

"Then stop moving so much. I can't do it properly if you are moving."

"But it hurts."

"Quit whining. You'll get use to it."

Goshiki innocently blinked at Tendo and Semi who was camped outside of the infirmary. While Tendo was mischievously snickering, Semi hid the bottom of his face with his hand. The latter was standing as stiff as a rock. Goshiki tilted his head as he wondered why Tendo was standing outside and not going in. Puzzled, he went and approached the red haired blocker as well as the third year setter.

"Tendo-san, Semi-san what are you doing—"

However, before Goshiki could finish his sentence, Tendo placed the first year in a choke hold while making sure his arms cover Goshiki's mouth—making so that he couldn't talk. Immediately, Goshiki placed his hands on Tendo's arm.

"Shhhh," Tendo simply said as he placed his forefinger in front of his mouth.

"I'm sorry, I hit too hard," Goshiki heard Ushijima say.

"It's ok. You shouldn't hold back," [Y/n] replied.

"Of course Ushijima-san shouldn't hold back," Shirabu huffed.

The trio outside of the infirmary then heard a whimper that clearly came from their manager.

"Oww, Shirabu-saaan," [Y/n] complained.

"Hold on. I'm gonna finish soon. Just take the pain a little longer," the second year setter replied. "Ushijima-san, please give me a tissue. Thanks."

"How are you feeling?" Ushijima asked.

"I'm definitely gonna bruise... Anyways, Shirabu-san—"

Tendo slid the door open. Curiosity was killing him and he was too curious.

"Tendo-san? Semi-san? Goshiki-san? Huh?" [Y/n] asked as the trio walked inside the room. She noted that Tendo had an excited face while Semi was blushing and Goshiki seemed clueless.

"Aw how boring," Tendo said as he placed both of his hands behind his head. "What happened here?"

"Ushijima-san spiked a ball into [Y/n] and I was just tending to her," Shirabu explained.

"It sounded rather..."

"Tendo, please be quiet," Semi interjected, turning his head to the side as he still covered his lower face with his hand.

"Semi-san are you alright? You face is red," [Y/n] said with concern as she walked over to the third year male.

Semi stiffened and took a step back. "I-it's nothing. Really!"

Shirabu looked at Tendo. Then at Semi. Then back at Tendo. Then the cogs in his brain churned for a bit. This was when a scowl and a look of disappointment appeared on his face.

"Tendo-san..."

"What? You should really listen without any images!"

"Huh? Images? Listen?" Goshiki blinked. He looked at Tendo. The red haired simply had a cheeky smile. The first year then looked at Shirabu. To which he scowled.

"Anyways, [L/n], go see a real doctor after school," Shirabu said as she placed the first aid kit back to where it belonged. "Just to be safe."

"Awwwww our lil Shirabu is growing. He's learnt kindness. How precious~ The character growth is astounding," Tendo wiped away a fake tear as he quietly sniffled. "I'm so proud."

"Eh? But Shirabu-san always cared," [Y/n] piped up. "It's just in the form of actions though."

"Oho~? [Y/n]-chan elaborate~~" Tendo said in a sing-song voice.

"[L/n], you're shivering. Are you cold?" Goshiki asked as both of them walked into the gym.

"It's a little chilly," [Y/n] replied as she rubbed her arms. "I'm gonna be fine though." Goshiki flashed her a concerned expression. But he couldn't stay for long.

"Goshiki!" Washijo shouted. The first year boy tensed up and straightened his back.

"Yes sir!" Goshiki replied immediately as he ran towards his coach.

[Y/n] sighed. Ever since the school play, her grandfather never liked seeing her with Goshiki. Looking at the first year with pity, the [h/c] haired girl proceeded to do her manager tasks.

That was until.

"Shirabu-san is there something on my face? You've been staring for a while..." [Y/n] asked in confusion. This was the nth time that the second year setter had glanced at her, in the span of thirty minutes.

Shirabu flinched a little once he was caught. He simply placed his volleyball down on the bench and went to grab his Shiratorizawa jacket. [E/c] eyes followed the second year as he walked closer to her. Before the first year manager knew it, he lightly draped it over her shoulders before hurriedly walking away—leaving [Y/n] confused.

But it was warm.

[Y/n] held Shirabu's jacket as she leaned on the wall near the boy's change room. When Shirabu excited, she went towards him.

"Shirabu-san thank you for the jacket," [Y/n] smiled.

Shirabu took the jacket and glanced away. "It's nothing." But then, he shoved something into [Y/n]'s hands. "It's gonna get colder. Wear more layers. You can't get sick," the second year setter demanded with a slight scowl.

Still smiling, [Y/n] accepted the drink and nodded as Shirabu strutted away.

The drink was warm.

"Oh I remember that," Semi mentioned. "His face was kinda re—" Semi never got to finish as Shirabu quickly sped walk over and dragged the third year setter outside.

"Oh he's shy," Tendo said.

A/n: you know. It sometimes scares me how thirsty some of you are